2006 Honda Element User Reviews

2006 Honda Element Review Ratings

• Rank your car

• Performance:4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars 4 / 5
  • Appearance:4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars 4.3 / 5
  • Build Quality:4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars 4.8 / 5
  • Overall: 4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars 4.6 / 5

PROS
"reliable car" 6 reviews
"big space" 4 reviews
CONS
"seat" 4 reviews
"doors" 2 reviews
"noise" 2 reviews

Displaying 1 - 10 of 21 2006 Honda Element reviews.

Wayne writes:
2006 Honda Element EX-P Review
Overall:

Pros

Built for older folks who still have youthful desires.

Cons

Not being manufactured anymore.

It's A Way Back Machine. — Having been the owner of many vans, this is now the replacement. In addition to coolness, it is a remarkable, car/truck/van that needs little maintenance. Quite roomy and the resale prices hold steady. To top it all off, my wife likes it.

Element
Looking for a Used Element in your area?
CarGurus has 1,119 nationwide Element listings starting at $3,590.
Steve_D writes:
Overall:

Pros

Cargo Space, Utility, AWD, Reliability, Easy Care, Uniqueness, Go anywhere, Handling, Corners very well for a tall vehicle, Sunroof, Stereo.

Cons

Only 4 passengers, Wind/Road noise, only tows 1500 lbs

Steve_D

Swiss Army Knife Of Cars — This car hits the sweet spot for me, One of the drop down questions on this survey is "What did you mainly use this car for?"...I could check all of the options (commuting to work, family transportation, recreation, and utility)...that's what makes this car so nice. Commute to work -easy to park, great stereo, excellent visibility, better than Truck/Large SUV gas mileage, drives fine at 75, kick ass stereo Recreation -throw bikes in the back, day at the beach (no sand in the carpet), Camping, Kids games Around the House - Hauls to the Dump, Runs to Home Depot, picking up large items at garage sales/craigs list, pets to the vet There's nothing like it on the road today, for a niche car it definetly does many things very well. The ride is harsher and there is more outside noise than my 04 Camry, but these shortcomings are a result of the functional design.

jsorensen12 writes:
Overall:

Pros

The Element was a practical, no nonsense car/SUV.  The all wheel drive was great in the snow, it handled smoothly and car-like.  I think my dogs will miss it as much as I do, they loved having the run of the back end with the seats out.  It was extremely reliable with no problems at all in the 2 years I owned it, just added gas and changed the oil and filter.  This is probably the most versatile car you can own and does pretty much anything the average family would need.
One of the best things was cleaning it out.  Having kids and dogs takes a toll but just pop the hatch & drop the tailgate and blow it out then wipe down with 409!

Cons

Gas mileage was not what I would have expected from a little 4 cylinder but given it's brick-like aerodynamics it was at a big disadvantage on the highway.  I bought it with a little over 40,000 miles and the seat material was already cracking badly, not what I would have expected from Honda.  Towing and payload are very low, I believe tow capacity is 1000 lbs and payload 675 lbs.
Oil filter access is horrible!  One of the worst vehicles I've had for changing the filter and as an added bonus oil then runs all over the suspension once you manage to get it off.
The biggest "con", which ultimately made me get rid if it, is the fact there is no provisions for a 3rd person in the back seat.  With 2 kids and another one on the way I had to get a vehicle with seat belts in the middle.  Getting rid of it made me feel guilty...like I just dumped a perfectly good and faithful girlfriend.  But I had to have a 5-passenger vehicle besides our van.

jsorensen12

Awesome Car With Endless Versatility. — As I mentioned in the pros/cons section, I loved my Element! But had to part with it because of my growing family. It's a do-all vehicle with rock solid reliability. The back seats easily fold up to the sides and out of the way or come out completely out. Unfortunately the seats are what ended it's stay with us...I wish they could have made provisions for a center seat belt position. The plastic interior makes for easy cleaning and when the kids spill their juice box you don't have to worry about stains. The gas mileage and horse power could have been better. Leg room for the back seat was quite impressive, even tall adults can stretch out and nap with the reclining seats. The all wheel drive tore through the snow, it's not something you're going to take mudding or even on mild off roading though. Ground clearance won't allow too much craziness.

Donna writes:
2006 Honda Element EX-P Review
Appearance:
Overall:

Pros

Easy to clean, good gas millage, fun to drive,good stereo system, reliable.

Cons

More speakers in the back, lol.

Very Fun And Gas Friendly Min Suv — Fully loaded....added extra features to it to make it fully loaded. Fog lamps, AM/FM CD XM stereo with 5 speakers. The seats are easy to take out. It is very easy to clean the floor and seats. Very good on gas. It's a fun car to drive. You can get the car in two forms with or with out...side pannel in grey and black for that sport look. You can buy it with a sunroof and a rack on top. I love that you have an outlet to play your mp3 on your system, it is so cool.

england243 writes:
Overall:

Pros

I love my Element. It is the first car I've had that I have wanted to keep forever. It is paid off and I still love it! This is a great car for tall people: lots of headroom and back seat has lots of leg room.

Cons

luxury is not high on the Element's list of positives. It is a utility car for sports (bikes, camping). Seats are not the most comfortable but I can live with that. It only seats four people.

england243

Fun, Versatile Vehicle! — I love this car for its laid-back and versatile use. It has been a wonderful, dependable vehicle. It is inexpensive to have dealer work done on it. Very adaptable and if you enjoy a vehicle with lots of uses, this is it. I once loaded a wall oven in the back of it, not just any vehicle can do this. The back seats fold up or are removable for lots of cargo space.

Pete writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Pros

Space

Cons

Gas mileage, 20 around town.

My Element — This car/ small SUV is perfect for us, especially with all of the space that it has inside. The negative is that it only seats 4, but we don't need anymore than that. I would recommend it to anyone looking to buy a small SUV especially an import like Honda or Toyota.

temiller11 writes:
2006 Honda Element EX Review
Overall:

Pros

Loved the car.  It was perfect for my lifestyle, ie.  beach, home depot runs, and family

Cons

You could only put 2 people in the back seat.

temiller11

Great Vehicle — The is perfect for active lifestyles. Drives like a sports car, gets good gas mileage, plenty of room in front and back and everything folds up and tucks away when putting stuff in the back from the depot. Easy to clean.

pasiebert writes:
2006 Honda Element EX Review
Overall:

Pros

So much room! We have literally carried a washer and dryer (in the boxed) home from the appliance store in the back.
Easy to clean! With the utilitarian interior, it is a breeze to clean, and holds up great with pups.
Flip up seats! Put them up and you can carry anything you need to (rototiller, kennels, moving boxes.

Cons

Back doors are a little inconvenient when getting out of the back seat in a parking lot (but great when you have lots of room).

pasiebert

One Of The Best! — We have had this car for about 3 years now. It has been nothing but reliable. We have had standard things done to it, and it is plugging away. There is hardly any need to own a truck when you have an Element, and when you don't need to carry anything around with you it very comfortable to ride in. Defiantly not a luxury vehicle, but has everything to make it enjoyable for long road trips or to go down the block to the market. When people ask us if we like our Element, there is not hesitation and we say "absolutely, would trade it for a million years"!

pacer0303 writes:
Overall:

Pros

Amazing

Cons

none

pacer0303

Honda Element — The ltimate road trip vehicle. The suicide doors are very sexy. Mine Is tangerine orange inside and out. I absolute love it and wouldnt trade it for anything.. except maybe a newer one! Good Gas mileage and it handles like a dream!

mocean writes:
Safety:
Overall:

Pros

Car is huge inside and because it doesn't have carpets, it's easy to clean.  Clamshell is awesome because everything is out of the way for loading and it's low enough that I don't have to struggle to put things in the back.  With rear seats removed, you can carry just about anything in it!  The back fits a full size air mattress perfectly.  Great for camping.  When the back is full, I can open the side doors and with the front seats moved forward, I can load even more into the car.

Cons

Hanging rear seats off the sides of the car interferes with visibility too much.  I prefer to just remove them and keep them in the house.

mocean

Safe, Comfortable, Roomy, Utilitarian. — The Honda Element is like a combination truck/car. Carry furniture, go camping, go out for dinner. It's the perfect car for people who don't want both a passenger car and a truck, but prefer a combination of the two.

Displaying 1 - 10 of 21 2006 Honda Element reviews.

Rank your car

2003 Honda Element Reviews

The Ultimate Utility Vehicle By SluggerDan

I like just about everything about this car. Too bad they don't make them anymore, upgraded to AWD after I got a boat and had to buy a used one. Well-built and thought out like you'd except from Honda... Read More

Sweet! By Kitschnart

Loved it in snow and ice. Great reliability. Great dog car! Perfect for hauling lots of "stuff" It will be tough to let go :-( so sorry they are no longer making them. You are going to love this Elem... Read More

Read all 25 2003 Honda Element reviews

2004 Honda Element Reviews

I Like It By Adrienne

I like the space in this honda. It drives nice too.. The best car I have ever had. It needs to have different back windows. You cant open them enough for ait flow and for my dog. The sunroof dosnt ope... Read More

Excellent Honda Element Ex Awd By Honda04EX4sale

Great car for all walks of life. If your an outdoors person or just a person who needs to get around town this is a great car for you. With a 270 watt stereo, real time four wheel drive, and plenty of... Read More

Read all 19 2004 Honda Element reviews

2005 Honda Element Reviews

Versitile By Jackofl

Upgraded from a Civic to this car. Great all around car. Can stop on the fly at garage sales and pick up furniture. Seats fold up toward the window or you can take them completed out. Great car to ... Read More

Flexible, Unique, Reliable, Spacious, Easy To Clean By Roderick

Like utility and ease of holding things. Floor board is flat and seats lift up off the floor for storage. easy to drop a seat for third person when needed or fourth person. Lots of storage under re... Read More

Read all 20 2005 Honda Element reviews

2007 Honda Element Reviews

Our 2nd Element...says A Lot. By iceman957

This is our 2nd Element...love the toaster. Roomy. Great for hauling stuff including your bike that fits standing up inside. Great for car camping as you can get a full size air mattress back there. ... Read More

Rootbeer Metallic By density2013

Great for the road, 4cyl I-Vtec, 07 model unique in its class. The first SC to be produced. It should have been called a Limited. Cargo space, space and more space! Rear seats are removable like most ... Read More

Read all 24 2007 Honda Element reviews

2008 Honda Element Reviews

Highly Recommend By Interoute

I liked the fact it is easy to clean, it does not have carpet so you can pick up or even take out back seats and drive your dog, equipment..etc with you. very convenient feature. Has great visibility,... Read More

Space, Utility, And Simplicity. By austinandwhatnot

We love that this car is all about practical space. Some folks don't like the boxy styling, but that's what gives it so much functionality and storage. I fit an oversized front-loader washer and dryer... Read More

Read all 16 2008 Honda Element reviews

People researching a 2006 Honda Element contacted a dealer about

Honda Element
Honda CR-V
Scion xB
Pontiac Vibe
Element
Looking for a Used Element in your area?
CarGurus has 1,119 nationwide Element listings starting at $3,590.