Sign in | Register | My account |

2006 Ford Five Hundred User Reviews

2006 Ford Five Hundred Review Ratings

• Review your car

• Performance:3.7 out of 5 stars3.7 out of 5 stars3.7 out of 5 stars3.7 out of 5 stars3.7 out of 5 stars 3.7 / 5
  • Appearance:4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars 4.3 / 5
  • Build Quality:4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars 4.6 / 5
  • Overall: 4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars 4.4 / 5

PROS
"comfortable car" 4 reviews
"big car" 2 reviews
"space" 2 reviews
CONS

Displaying 1 - 10 of 11 2006 Ford Five Hundred reviews.

bill91852 writes:
2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited AWD Review
Overall:

Pros

Good Looks; great interior room, power is acceptable for a V-6 with the CVT transmission

Cons

This car has an infamous throttle body problem, engine surging, and at times all the dash gauges and lights will become erratic

bill91852

Great Looking Car...but..... — This throttle body, surging, erratic dash gauge light issue has put a damper on an otherwise great car. Fords inability to acknowledge or to take interest in these issues makes one wonder if they would want to buy another Ford product in the future. I have had the throttle body cleaned and that seemed to take care of the problem until lately when the problem returned worse than before. I had the throttle body replaced but unfortunately the problem did not go away. This car for the bulk of the time we have owned it, has been a dependable comfortable car. We have talked about our next Ford vehicles, truck then another sedan, but have changed to now not being able to put enough trust in Ford products to warrant another purchase. 10/2013 - after visiting 2 larger auto repair shops, to no avail fixing the surge, or the dash lights brightening and dimming, I took the car to a much smaller auto shop. Like most people I suppose, I was skeptical because this shop is in a garage detached from the mechanics house. Not positive what the difference is between a smallish shop like this one as opposed to the multi-bay shops, however, I will be hard pressed to not visit the one bay garage in the future. The mechanic, owner of the shop kept the car for three days, replaced the alternator which was erratically charging. The Ford 500 has regained it's former feel on the road. Once again, my wife's trust in the car is where it used to be. Most importantly, from my point of view, I don't have to listen to the seemingly endless complaints a about this problem. Well at least not for the past two weeks. Certainly the car will have future problems. I feel certain I have found a mechanic who will explore all avenues to repair the car to our satisfaction.

Five Hundred
Looking for a Used Five Hundred in your area?
CarGurus has 1,053 nationwide Five Hundred listings starting at $3,500.
overhere803 writes:
2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited Review
Overall:

Pros

Roomy Interior, lots of features, smooth ride.

Cons

Lacks Power

overhere803

Descent Car For A Family — Roomy, comfortable, quiet. Dependable, great on gas and overall a good vehicle. Easy to maintain, and good on the highway. Leather, dual climate control and sunroof are just some of the features on this car. Heated seats and a very spacious trunk make this car a true luxury to have.

CarGirl1989 writes:
Overall:

Pros

Leather interior easy-care & easy-clean, lots of leg & elbow room in front and back, huge trunk space, full-size spare tire in trunk, power EVERYTHING

Cons

Tan leather shows wear very easily, carpets are difficult to clean (mats come out but do not vacuum easily)

CarGirl1989

Love My Car! — I adore this car. And that's saying something since I have owned several makes, models, and styles of vehicles in my life. This car rates higher with me as an '06 than my '08 Sentra did! Very nice, easy to maintain, and stylish.

Andrew writes:
Overall:

Pros

Everything

Cons

Absolutely nothing.

You Can't Beat It. — It's ridiculously awesome. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I can't even begin to describe my immense love and adoration for this beautiful work by the Ford Motor Company. The Ford Five Hundred beats any other sedan in its class. Any day.

tommy931b writes:
2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited AWD Review
Overall:

Pros

looks

Cons

slow

tommy931b

Very Realiable — very good looking car, comfortable, good on gas, very slow with the cvt transmission and if you push that car at all it chugs gas bad, the build quality is great, cause it's a ford, it turns a lot of heads going down the road, wish it was louder though

Erik writes:
2006 Ford Five Hundred SE Review
Overall:

Pros

Lots of room, rides great.

Cons

Underpowered.

Comfortable Ride With Good Handling And Tons Of Room — Love the care, has lots of room for passengers and tons of trunk space. Handles excellent for a large car, only downside is that it is underpowered with the 210hp V-6. Other than that, love the car. Used it for just about everything, even took the wife and 2 kids camping in it with plenty of room for all of our stuff.

Steve writes:
2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited Review
Overall:

Pros

Great for travelling

Cons

Nothing!

2006 Ford Five Hundred — Great passenger car overall. What I loved about it the most was it was basically free as it was a company vehicle. Drove this vehicle very long distances (over 1,500 miles weekly) for my job and the passenger compartment and driver erganomics made this a very comfortable vehicle to drive. Mileage range was excellent for this 6 cyl. LOVED THIS CAR!

Robert writes:
Overall:

Pros

Comfort

Cons

It's big, which is a good feature but it makes it difficult to take some places

Good Comfortable Car For Trips And Can Hold Alot Of Cargo. — It's a very comfortable car to drive. The 2008 and 2009 models which were renamed the Taurus have the more powerful engine. While the engine is adequite on this car, the extra 60hp would have been a little better for this car. The car is on the 5000 lb range, and a little floaty, so you won't be speeding through turns. Braking is very nice, the cost of ownership isn't too bad. It's a 20 gallon gas tank, but only uses 87. So its not too expensive. It does have some odd parts though. The windshield wipers of all things are oddly made and are 20 dollars each. That's a weird thing. All in all its a nice looking car thats a comfortable car to drive.

Robert writes:
2006 Ford Five Hundred SE Review
Overall:

Pros

Roomy, handling, safety, comfort

Cons

Uninspiring design, responsive and smooth CVT led me to get my first speeding tickets in 20 years.

A Great, Forgotten Car — Roomy with one of the largest trunks around. I took my wife, two kids in car seats, two portacribs, and high chair, luggage, and kids play stations on several vacations in complete comfort. Quality has been excellent. The design is nothing to get excited about, but not a big issue with me. I wasn't going for status, I was going for an afforable, comfortable, reliable car that met our lifestyle. This is it.

Zachary123 writes:
Overall:

Pros

Leather seats are super-comfortable. The sound system is great. The trunk is HUGE! The back seat is HUGE! I fit 8 people into this car easily.

Cons

The tires. Re-sale value. Now it is a Taurus.

The Absolute Love Of My Life! — I bought this car in September of 2007 from Charles Tobey who owns Angelo & Son Used Cars with 25,000 miles on it. Now, it has 45,000 miles on it and I have enjoyed every one of them. The only problem I have had with the car is tires. I go through them like M&Ms. I will have this car for another 200,000 miles if it lasts that long.

Displaying 1 - 10 of 11 2006 Ford Five Hundred reviews.

Review your car

2007 Ford Five Hundred Reviews

Work Car By johnmatkinson1

Great car with tons of room for a sedan. Gas mileage is awesome for the way I drive it. Good looking car for a sedan, good stance, good handling, tires are costly to replace. Passenger front seat f... Read More

Very Good Car By Traveler101

I'm going on 1 1/2 years with this car and can't really come up with anything that I dislike. The CVT took a little getting used to but now that I'm used to it I like it. I can put lots of stuff in th... Read More

Read all 6 2007 Ford Five Hundred reviews

2005 Ford Five Hundred Reviews

In Love By Krueger

I love this car. It is comfortable and handles all my daily needs well. I have not put much money into this car for repairs but the major items I have replaced have been tires and the airbag deploymen... Read More

The Ride By Joe

Great car, had it since it was new. Never had any issues with it, it's a great car to go on trips with. Got it wired for sound, it's also got remote start. All in all it's a safe reliable car seating ... Read More

Read all 16 2005 Ford Five Hundred reviews

People researching a 2006 Ford Five Hundred contacted a dealer about

2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited picture, exterior
Ford Five Hundred
Chevrolet Malibu
Hyundai Elantra
Chevrolet Impala
Five Hundred
Looking for a Used Five Hundred in your area?
CarGurus has 1,053 nationwide Five Hundred listings starting at $3,500.