2006 Dodge Durango User Reviews

2006 Dodge Durango Review Ratings

• Review your car

• Performance:4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars 4.6 / 5
  • Appearance:4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars 4.6 / 5
  • Build Quality:4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars 4.5 / 5
  • Overall: 4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars 4.5 / 5

PROS
"big space" 5 reviews
"reliable car" 3 reviews
CONS

Displaying 1 - 10 of 20 2006 Dodge Durango reviews.

Tim writes:
Overall:

Pros

This was our vacation vehicle because we were tired of mini-vans.  It almost worked.

Cons

My teens were ready for a mini-van again after 2 years of vacations in the Durango!

It Would Pull Anything With Little Affect On Performance, And Was Fast And Comfortable. — I loved driving my Durango, it was smooth, POWERFUL, handled nice for an SUV and it got a lot of compliments. Mine had every option available so I was kind of spoiled by it. It even got about 20mpg average on the highway with the HEMI. I only had 2 complaints about it: The NAV system wouldn't let my wife make updates while I was driving, I know, a safety feature. And my other problem was the lack of storage for the 2nd row passengers, they had no place for their electronics or to store DVD's. (ok...a 3rd complaint: 2nd and 3rd row passengers wanted a kill switch for the subwoofer in the back!)

Primary Use: Utility (towing boats, transporting cargo, etc.)

Durango
Looking for a Used Durango in your area?
CarGurus has 19,907 nationwide Durango listings starting at $1,669.
Brandan writes:
Overall:

Pros

Power

Cons

gas milage

Fun To Drive In England — nice vehicle to drive. one of the biggest on the road in England. It performs nicely, but eats gas like nothing. Cost of ownership is not too bad, but it is fairly new. If you need to haul a bunch of ppl around this is the car for you.

venom93corba writes:
Overall:

Pros

The Hemi had great power while towing a 4,000lbs boat. Very reliable.

Cons

gas mileage

venom93corba

2006 Dodge Durago 4x4 Limited — We have owned this vehicle for 6 years and it has been a great vehicle. No major problems. The check engine light popped once in 6 years. The vehicle had great power while towing a 4000lbs boat. I would definitely purchase again.

KC_Metal writes:
Overall:

Pros

It fits seven people so it's a great family option car

Cons

Could be better on gas mileage

KC_Metal

It's Been An Awesome Vehicle For The Family With No Complaints — It has been a great vehicle to haul around the whole family. It wish it would have been better on gas but 15mpg city and 20mpg hwy is great for a vehicle of this size. Very reliable vehicle with minimal repair cost to date.

Erik writes:
Visibility:
Warranty:
Weight:
Overall:

Pros

Overall, really good vehicle if you need space, seating and power.  Looking good is thrown in as a bonus.
UPDATE: 1st time driving it in the snow and it drives great.  Awesome!

Cons

If I had to know one thing about the durango, it would be the gas mileage. Keep it in mind if you look at one and keep your right foot out of the pedal.

Great Suv For A Family. — SO far I am loving everything about my Durango. It can always use more power which the aftermarket has parts for that. Styling is nice since it stands out in a sea of SUV's. The gas mileage could be better but having the hemi I knew this going into the purchase. I try keep my foot out of it when I can and estimate an average 14-16 mpg per tank. I have gotten around 22 mpg on trips if I keep the speeds down. The stereo is really good for stock and my son loves the dvd player in back with wireless headset, thankyou Dodge. As far as maintenance costs go, I have had it for a few months so no problems to report. There is a small spot in the drivers rear quarter panel that has bubbling paint which is rust, Didn't see this when I bought it but I can get it fixed. This seems to be a prevalent problem with this model. Theres lots of different builds for this modle so find the options you are looking for and look around. You will get more SUV for you money with the Durango than any other make.

augustalady writes:
Overall:

Pros

plenty of space yet not as big as a the other third row seat vehicles

Cons

gas mileage.

augustalady

Great Suv — love this vehicle. would recommend to anyone that needs third row seating. it drives very well and get ok gas mileage. mine does not have the V8. great car love mine but not always great when gas hits a spike.

tcxd40 writes:
Overall:

Pros

Lots of room, pleanty of power.

Cons

Fuel mileage

tcxd40

Rides Nice, Comfortable, Safe. — Purchase new in 2006 was a dealer Demo car. 5.7L Hemi (4,6,8) AWD, leather, DVD, CD, Dual air, towing pkg. fairly well eqpt. This is my wife's daily ride, she picked it, she drives it. Runs good, fuel mileage a little lacking at 17 around town and 21 on the highway. Well built, comfortable, taken many trips to the beach in it. Plenty of power, will certainly get out of it's own way! Has the DVD player which is great for the kids 8 passenger seating lots of room. As with my other Dodges no repairs other than wear and tear items. Brakes tires etc.

George writes:
Overall:

Pros

overall performance

Cons

none

Good To Have — excelent overall performance in all qualties. fun to drive. good fuel milage. plenty of storage space. room for 8 people. smooth ride. excelent handling.reasonable price to buy. it is a fun vehicle to drive. has a pertty good overall style to it.

scoutgunner writes:
Overall:

Pros

Hemi power is awesome.  Roomy and comfortable.  Great turning radius.  It handled my electric scooter on a lift in the rear very well, just bad handling in high winds and had to adjust for the lifted front end by lowering the lights to match it.  It tends to feel light it's floating in front, but I got used to that.

Cons

Mileage, but then again I wanted a Hemi.  It's worth it.

scoutgunner

Outstanding — I love the Durango with the Hemi. The six with the trans it comes with just does not work. I got better mileage with the Hemi than I would have with the six cyl. It carried max'ed out loads and folks with ease. It wasn't so large that I felt I was docking a ship when I parallel parked it.

Teri writes:
Overall:

Pros

Looks and sounds tough!

Cons

Chrysler couldn't figure out how to fix it!

Loved My Durango — I loved my Durango, but I had a lot of problems with it. Remotes stopped working, sticking when you turned the key to start it, had warranty but Chrysler could NEVER fix it! It killed me to get rid of her, but I had no choice.

Displaying 1 - 10 of 20 2006 Dodge Durango reviews.

Review your car

2014 Dodge Durango Reviews

Sweet Mercy Roll Tide!!! By LB4667

Awesome ride. Gorgeous color. Well made. Not like Durango of the pass years. Would recommend anyone to purchase that was looking at SUV. I feel very safe in it. The ACC cruise control is one of ... Read More

Read all 2014 Dodge Durango reviews

2013 Dodge Durango Reviews

Really Impressive Vehicle By slipsett

Coming from a Suburban and a Yukon XL Denali, I was concerned about the smaller size, but it is really perfect - all the room you need but just smaller enough to not be a hassle to park, drive in traf... Read More

Great Family Ride. By Bakerkary

Overall, this 2013 Dodge Durango is a great family vehicle. Enough room to transport your kids and their friends at the same time. Plenty of power, and the AWD is great for wintery conditions. Grea... Read More

Read all 3 2013 Dodge Durango reviews

2012 Dodge Durango Reviews

Best Suv!! By Tallygirl67

Awesome vehicle for the big and tall family. Plenty of "pick up and go." Not a "boxy" looking vehicle. Roomy and plush. Stylish and dependable. Now my husband wants his own. Dodge Durango Crew... Read More

New Durango Is Sweet! By Deputydog336

Can bring the whole family with three rows, great fit and finish, great cargo capacity and towing capacity. Everyone together and towing my boat with Hemi power! It's hard to beat. Makes my old Dura... Read More

Read all 5 2012 Dodge Durango reviews

2011 Dodge Durango Reviews

Very Impressed With The Redesigned 2011 Dodge Durango By jpriceaub123

Our family was in the market for a SUV and were leaning towards the GMC Acadia, after reviewing several models online. We picked some models that we had interest in and set out to test drive each. W... Read More

Read all 2011 Dodge Durango reviews

2009 Dodge Durango Reviews

Over All Nice By kacim

nice car in fact very good in pick very quickly get 100 km.5.7 hemi v8 what a great experance to drive durango i love driving it on road and off road as well its perfect family car very comfortable as... Read More

Durango By Brianna

beautiful style car..handles great...great ..speedy...strong suv..and handles like a sports car...it is a exspensive car but it is totaly worth having..is ver spacious and beautiful interior. buy the ... Read More

Read all 3 2009 Dodge Durango reviews

People researching a 2006 Dodge Durango contacted a dealer about

2006 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD picture, exterior
Dodge Durango
Ford Explorer
GMC Envoy
Honda Pilot
Durango
Looking for a Used Durango in your area?
CarGurus has 19,907 nationwide Durango listings starting at $1,669.