Sign in | Register | My account |

2005 Hyundai Sonata User Reviews

2005 Hyundai Sonata Review Ratings

• Review your car

• Performance:4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars 4 / 5
  • Appearance:4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars 4.1 / 5
  • Build Quality:4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars 4.4 / 5
  • Overall: 4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars 4.4 / 5

PROS
"handling" 4 reviews
"reliable car" 3 reviews
CONS
"steering" 2 reviews

Displaying all 10 2005 Hyundai Sonata reviews.

Sean writes:
Overall:

Pros

this car is a great daily driver. really nice for the money, and needs only standard upkeep.

Cons

the interior apholstry doesnt hold up well. the steering wheel cover has worn thru as well as the arm rests. also, the carpet on the drivers side has worn down to the rubber matting underneath the carpet.

2004 Hyundai Sonata — love this car! great on gas and very reliable. jus keep it regularly serviced and it runs like a top. this review is based on what ur getting. for a mid ranged sedan its got good acceleration and top end. braking is great, as well as handling. of corse handling is always improved with a better grade of tire, but it shoots in and out of corners well.

Sonata
Looking for a Used Sonata in your area?
CarGurus has 52,639 nationwide Sonata listings starting at $2,300.
fdtotten writes:
Overall:

Pros

Leather seats, quick acceleration, secure handling

Cons

On the smaller side for tall or large adults

fdtotten

Excellent Value Luxury Trim Family Sedan — Easy to maintain, simple to drive, and solid V6 power with better than average fuel economy. Outstanding performance, durable build quality, classic appearance, low cost of ownership, and there is no doubt that is car is certainly fun to drive for both short and long driving trips.

Paul writes:
Overall:

Pros

light weight, good acceleration, shiftronic is nice

Cons

gear change and response time can be sluggish

Very Good Sedan For Family Or For Fast Driving — This car is fun to drive. Its V6 24 valve DOHC provides quick acceleration. The car has very good handeling and can take corners pretty quick. The leather is very durable and has sustained 5 years of the brutal San Antonio summers.

Jordan writes:
2005 Hyundai Sonata Base Review
Overall:

Pros

Excellent handling

Cons

Could be more attractive

Thumbs Up For Sonata — Typically, this car runs very well. My sister loves it. It gets decent gas mileage, is comfortable, and it performs surprisingly well. It even has a good sound system. I would reccomend the Hyundai Sonata for anyone in need of a cheap, reliable car.

Kate writes:
Overall:

Pros

It has cruise control, a CD player, AM/FM radio, move-able seats, I do believe that it's a hatchback.

Cons

It may have a huge tank which means that you don't have to fill it up that often, the only problem is that it costs about $40 to fill up such a big tank. That's about the only con that I can think of.

Awesomeness — This is my second car :) I got it from my Grandmother shortly after she passed away. It has a V6 engine and runs very smoothly. It's very reliable. It's only been in the shop once (in the three years that it's been around). That was only to flush out the entire system. Just like every car needs every now and again.

jfidanza writes:
Overall:

Pros

looks like a Jaguar but more reliable! Trouble free ownership original owner

Cons

none!

jfidanza

Great Car Would Sell To Friend Or Fmily If They Had The Money — All the extras for a great price compared to Hondas and Toyotas equal in every category a little more distinctive styling; trouble free operation 2 dealer warranty visits; one for a light bulb and the other for an emission parts replacement.

Leah writes:
Overall:

Pros

Smooth ride, looks good, top quality car

Cons

None..

Over-all A Great Car — Very smooth driving, gives the feeling of luxary; looks fantastic but does not out beat the newest of Hyundai Sonata line. Cost we reasonable and well worth it. I enjoyd the car personally and would reccomend it to anyone. Needed some repairs but nothing any other car wouldnt need with time.

Waleska writes:
Overall:

Pros

Good performance, great acceleration response, nice features on interiors.

Cons

Family car look, automatic transmission.

My Love-hate Car — It is a very nice car for someone that like a very boring ride. The performance is good, it has a great kick, speeds really nice, but is an automatic.......I HATE that. As far as looks a lot of people like it and the maroon color attracts the sight. But it is not for me. Never needed repairs, thnx to GOD. I hate the steering is not smooth and it locks...I guess that is a good factor to preserve axels but I find it annoying.

Sherika writes:
2005 Hyundai Sonata Review
Overall:

Pros

It runs great

Cons

It drinks gas... And gas is high.

Its My First Car — I like my car because it was a gift for me and it gets me where ever i want to go without a problem. The only thing i dont like is how fast da gas goes but it has a grest gas mileage.

Melanie writes:
Overall:

Pros

Great looking vehicle with lots of power.  Reasonable on gas for the engine, reliable, love my heated seats for my sore lower back.

Cons

The horn on this car is almost impossible to sound, unless you hit it really hard, square on in the center.  That's scary, when you need to use it.  The car has the worst paint job I've ever had a any car.  Never had any problems with Toyota, Nissan, Ford, Mazda and have had them all over the years.  The braking system leaves a lot to be desired too.  Within the first 12-18 months of buying the car, there was a time that my brakes failed (went down to the floor) and I didn't stop until I was into the intersection a little.    When I took the car in so they could check out, just like the gas issues, they told me there was nothing wrong.  They should have been far more concerned. I know I was!  NOT GOOD.  But, the brakes did not do it again.  I have no idea why they failed.  The car was not wet or washed, so there was no water in the system either.  Basically, they just aren't like the brakes that I had on my other cars.

As with other cars (at least in CA), it's almost impossible to get the gas nozzle to lock in, so we can add gas...something we'd love not to have to do, but it's a necessary evil, if you want the car to move.  This could have a lot to do with how CA has the pump nozzles configured, for fuel vapors escaping.  I don't know why this is such a problem, but I have witnessed people with BMW's and many other makes having a similar problem.  It's so sad, because none of us know what to do to resolve it.  All we can do is twist the nozzle around upside down and lean against it.  If you are lucky, you'll be able to fee the beast!

My Sonata: It's A Love/hate Relationship. — I'd think twice about buying another Hyundai and would, if I check out all of these issues. There is no reason for a lousy paint job and their technicians and customer service folk should be more concerned. The only way I got any actkions was to call Hyundai headquarters. Do it, if you must. I will answer that I would recommend the car to friends, but it's basically because it has a good engine. There isn't an options that says, "Maybe".

Displaying all 10 2005 Hyundai Sonata reviews.

Review your car

2013 Hyundai Sonata Reviews

Great Family Vehicle! By RonBailMills

The perfect car if you want a great handling, spacious family vehicle. I'm a loyal Hyundai owner, and decided to trade up to the Sonata, and I'm very happy with the car! Beautiful, sleek, handles well... Read More

Read all 2013 Hyundai Sonata reviews

2012 Hyundai Sonata Reviews

I Love The Spaciousness Of This Car. By mikazae

I really enjoy using this car, however so does a large population of others. I hate it when I go out in any given parking lot and see a bunch of sonatas all with my same or similar colors. Thank goo... Read More

In Style By cypher_shane

I love the styling and advanced tech in this car. Bluelink, voice control, telemetrics, phone connectivity etc.. the larger wheels on the SE drove me to this model over the Limited, and the dual tip e... Read More

Read all 6 2012 Hyundai Sonata reviews

2011 Hyundai Sonata Reviews

A Head Turner!! By lhthomaz

Superb design, affordable price and maintenance, comfortable ride, powerful and economic. Two color interior gives it a refined look and a even more charm to a very well designed interior. Nissan, Toy... Read More

Buy This Car Without Hesitating By shoptilyoudrop

This is one of the most comfortable cars I have owned. It is great on the road, both city and highway. Excellent acceleration - not slow in any way. Same body style as the 2014. "Sharp" lookin... Read More

Read all 19 2011 Hyundai Sonata reviews

2010 Hyundai Sonata Reviews

Amazing Car By Amanda

Wonderful car all round! Makes a great everyday driver and would make a great first car!!! :) Excellent gas mileage and interior room! Also makes a great family car!! Has a very large trunk and very b... Read More

#1 Commuter If You Need More Room Than A Compact By Mknupp

All in all a great commuter vehicle without having to go to a compact. Price wise it was a good buy and reliable enough to keep fora long time. Hyundai has made leaps and bounds in the last few years ... Read More

Read all 9 2010 Hyundai Sonata reviews

2009 Hyundai Sonata Reviews

This Car Has Great Features For The Price - Awesome Family Car With Navigation For Those Day Trips. By mpallen826

Met all our expectations of style, features and affordability. Warranty is excellent as is fit and finish. Blue paint seems prone to small road debris chips but overall a solid, comfortable car. In... Read More

Very Good, Dependable Car. By mrnyathi1

Adequate entertainment in the cabin, comes standard with usb, aux, mp3 player, AM/FM stereo. Surprisingly great acceleration and best feature is the quiet engine and the quiet ride. Smooth transmissio... Read More

Read all 25 2009 Hyundai Sonata reviews

People researching a 2005 Hyundai Sonata contacted a dealer about

2005 Hyundai Sonata picture, exterior
Hyundai Sonata
Honda Civic
Honda Accord
Toyota Camry
Sonata
Looking for a Used Sonata in your area?
CarGurus has 52,639 nationwide Sonata listings starting at $2,300.