2002 Dodge Grand Caravan User Reviews

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Review Ratings

• Rank your car

• Performance:4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars 4.2 / 5
  • Appearance:4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars 4 / 5
  • Build Quality:3.6 out of 5 stars3.6 out of 5 stars3.6 out of 5 stars3.6 out of 5 stars3.6 out of 5 stars 3.6 / 5
  • Overall: 4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars 4.3 / 5

PROS
"comfortable car" 4 reviews
"big space" 3 reviews
"brakes" 2 reviews
CONS

Displaying all 9 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan reviews.

yazzy81 writes:
Overall:

Pros

It's nice and very roomy

Cons

I hate the gas mileage on this car

yazzy81

I Miss My Honda — If I hadn't owned a Honda Odyssey before this car, I probably would have given it a better rating. I hate the fuel economy, it eats WAY more gas than the Honda Odyssey I used to own. It is very roomy, and it drives smoothly. It's pretty sleek looking for a mini van.

Grand Caravan
Looking for a Used Grand Caravan in your area?
CarGurus has 39,669 nationwide Grand Caravan listings starting at $1,950.
Kyle writes:
Visibility:
Warranty:
Weight:
Overall:

Pros

the van is quite good for commuting/carpooling, and also for driving around with friends.

Cons

the van is not very good for a teenager/single person.

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport — The acceleration is a bit groggy at times. braking is decent. handling is very good. since the van is 10 years old, it does need above average maintainence, but nothing to worry about. it has a sleek outside aerodynamic style for a 2002. the interior could be a bit more stylish. gas mileage is average, about $35/100km. the van is not meant to be a "fun" vehicle, but it goes from point a to point b.

morgan2002 writes:
Overall:

Pros

comfort, room, mileage, power, visibility, HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU HAVE?? Bottom line - it's GREAT!!!

Cons

? cannot think of any!!

morgan2002

Awesome Auto — I have had my 02 Grand Caravan since 04 and love it. Great gas mileage (some of the reviews I noticed on here disagree; however, it does depend on how you drive I guess. My mpg average 19-20 in town and 27-29 highway.) Lots of room, very comfortable, lots of power, great vision w/ no blind areas. I cannot see myself driving anything but DODGE CARAVAN's from here on out.

Owner for 4 years, 1 months

Miles Driven per Year:15,000

shep2723 writes:
2002 Dodge Grand Caravan 4 Dr ES AWD Passenger Van Extended Review
Overall:

Pros

Ages well.

Cons

Air conditioning tubes plug up.

shep2723

It Has Been A Wonderful Van No Major Repairs At All Since We Bought It. — The only thing that has troubled us is the air conditioning leaks in the summer the last 4 years but that has been the only problem. Slight rust and a few bubbles in a couple places barely visible.

Owner for 7 years, 4 months

Miles Driven per Year:20,000

Edward writes:
2002 Dodge Grand Caravan 4 Dr eX Passenger Van Extended Review
Overall:

Pros

Roomy.
Kids really like the automatic doors

Cons

Low gas mileage

A Lot Of Room. Comfortable But Larger Engine Means Less Gas Mileage. — A lot of room. Comfortable but larger engine means less gas mileage.

frankjesik writes:
2002 Dodge Grand Caravan 4 Dr ES Passenger Van Extended Review
Overall:

Pros

Good vehicle, 335,000km (210,00mi), good comfortable ride, versatile. 24mpg combined winter, 25 mpg combined summer, 30mpg if only hwy. Quality level is quite good. Good acceleration (3.8 liter V6).  Good braking. It is an enjoyable vehicle to drive, I enjoy all the options it has.

Cons

Nothing really out of the ordinary.

frankjesik

I Like It. — It is an enjoyable vehicle to drive, I enjoy all the options it has. Lots of room, easily can fit 6-7 adults comfortably. Versatile, and can easily access the full-size spare tire. I drive it to work every day, and we use it as the family vehicle. Two problems have just popped up, one was the blower fan stopped working, intermittentlly, then completely. I did get great help from the nearby Chrysler dealership, who appears to have solved the problem, replacing a transistor control for the blower fan (this van has front and rear fans, with Auto Temp Control). The other problem is somewhat minor, the passenger headlight only works when headlights are on, and the driver headlight only works when the daytime driving lights are on. No resolution yet to this yet.

jackee56 writes:
2002 Dodge Grand Caravan 4 Dr eL Passenger Van Extended Review
Overall:

Pros

Great family van, very comfortable on long or short trips.  Well maintained

Cons

Dent in rear corner bumper

jackee56

Jackee's Review — I love this van, never had any major problems I bought it used in 2004 it had one owner. It has been great for family vacations and hauling. The 4 back seats all can be removed easily and put back in.

DJ writes:
2002 Dodge Grand Caravan 4 Dr ES Passenger Van Extended Review
Overall:

Pros

Comfort

Cons

city gas mileage and the poor image of driving a minivan

Practicality — Everybody hates them except for me. Its the perfect road trip vehicle. The utility, comfort and acceleration are great. The optional digital climate control is a great feature as well. Great highway mileage (24-27mpg's) but city mileage is horrible (11-15 mpg's) Perfect for the dog and all my friends for trips to the mountains or to IKEA.

Bob writes:
Overall:

Pros

Comfortable for Highway travel

Cons

Fuel Mileage is steadily around 25 mpg.

Mini Van, Maxi-room — This is one of my Daily Drivers. It used to be my Dad's. Rides nice, and is comfortable, and serves as the chase vehicle for our family MS Riding Mountain Challenge, cycling team, "In-Seine-Ass-Cycle'em", every September. My Mobility Scooter even fits in the back with only one seat removed.

Displaying all 9 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan reviews.

Rank your car

1987 Dodge Grand Caravan Reviews

Clown Mobile By Ben

no ac, good seats, tape player, clicks very loudly, still runs when ever we need it Read More

Read all 1987 Dodge Grand Caravan reviews

1989 Dodge Grand Caravan Reviews

My Stepfather's Old Van By William

This was my stepfather's van, which was modified for wheelchair use. Since the floor was lowered and the middle row was gone, it was a pretty pimpin' ride in its way! It eventually gave up the ghost, ... Read More

Read all 1989 Dodge Grand Caravan reviews

1990 Dodge Grand Caravan Reviews

Comfortable But Not Sporty By davycrockett

Quick for a heavy van, had great brakes, kind of 'rolly' but a great driver Very well made ran for 190'000 miles, before fuel pumps kept going wrong Was a very great looking van around 20MPG, had some... Read More

Great For Getting The Kids, And Everything Else Around. Awesome Roadtrips By Ghostimage

Quality, only repair I have ever needed on this van was the fuel pump, after 20 years I would say a reasonable life span on that! A bit on the heavy side for city driving, but a dream to drive on tho... Read More

Read all 4 1990 Dodge Grand Caravan reviews

1991 Dodge Grand Caravan Reviews

I Love My Old Van By nelliel05

i love my Van, it has 396,000 and still is running great. it has never not gotten us to where we're going and we drive at least 250 miles a week. the gas mileage isn't bad, 23-24 mpg on the highway. i... Read More

Still A Great Van For 17 Years Old By Byron

overall the van is in great shape. The only thing wrong is the transmission and a/c having problems but hopefully they will be minor. I think it will do great for the money for only 600 dollars. Just ... Read More

Read all 1991 Dodge Grand Caravan reviews

1992 Dodge Grand Caravan Reviews

So Far So Good By Rogi104

This is a handicap ramp van. Since having trans rebuilt its ok. Don't drive it much mostly errands and to see doc. Everything Works except the AC. Also has hand controls and electric driver Seat that ... Read More

Read all 1992 Dodge Grand Caravan reviews

People researching a 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan contacted a dealer about

Picture of 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan 4 Dr Sport Passenger Van Extended, exterior
Dodge Grand Caravan
Dodge Caravan
Honda Odyssey
Chrysler Town & Country
Grand Caravan
Looking for a Used Grand Caravan in your area?
CarGurus has 39,669 nationwide Grand Caravan listings starting at $1,950.