2001 Nissan Pathfinder User Reviews

2001 Nissan Pathfinder Review Ratings

• Rank your car

• Performance:3.9 out of 5 stars3.9 out of 5 stars3.9 out of 5 stars3.9 out of 5 stars3.9 out of 5 stars 3.9 / 5
  • Appearance:4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars 4.1 / 5
  • Build Quality:4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars 4.1 / 5
  • Overall: 4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars 4.5 / 5

PROS
"reliable car" 3 reviews
"space" 2 reviews
"comfortable car" 2 reviews
CONS

Displaying 1 - 10 of 13 2001 Nissan Pathfinder reviews.

liamtonns2 writes:
2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE Review
Overall:

Pros

Great car, Reliable, Low Maintenance Cost

Cons

Standard stereo

liamtonns2

Amazing(for The Most Part) — My dad had the car since it came out in 2001. He passed it down to me in 2014 with 256k miles on it. If the miles don't tell you how good a car is, or can be I don't know what will.

Pathfinder
Looking for a Used Pathfinder in your area?
CarGurus has 18,774 nationwide Pathfinder listings starting at $2,250.
jordanautosales1 writes:
Overall:

Pros

Good dependable Vehicle ,

Cons

Gas Mileage is not the best but power and dependability over look that.

jordanautosales1

Powerful 4x4 On And Off Road.. — The 2001 Nissan Pathfinder is one of the most reputable vehicles on and off road. Nissan spent a load of money on technology to keep this vehicle and its sister ( The Infiniti QX4 ) compatible with the leading small utility vehicles out there.

Primary Use: Utility (towing boats, transporting cargo, etc.)

projectsvt writes:
Overall:

Pros

4WD, comfort, room, ride, safety

Cons

The gas consumption could be better for a V6.

projectsvt

Great Vehicle. — I loved how it was able to handle with ease any weather conditions from downpours of rain to white out condition blizzards. It is very dependable even in temperatures below zero. Overall very satisfied with the purchase of this SUV.

Housewren writes:
Overall:

Pros

Great vehicle for Colorado climate and terrain.good space for family camping trips.
Very smooth to drive
Heated front seats and leather front and rear seats make this a very comfortable car
Excellent heating cooling system

Cons

None

Housewren

Great Family Car — This has been a great reliable family car, especially in the bad weather we have here in colorado and for trips to the foothills. There is plenty of room for the family camping gear. This car feels very safe when driving and handles well even in icy conditions.

Kevin_S writes:
Overall:

Pros

A very sure footed and responsive truck, with lots of power and poise. I never felt 'out of control' even on icy roads - as long as I was in 4WD with good rubber on all four corners.
And it just looks good; one big reason I did not trade up when Nissan changed the body style.
I have driven thru nearly 16 inches of snow on un-plowed roads with no worries.
The heated seats are a joy on a frosty day, and the A/C will leave you frosty on 100 degree days. I leave the temp at 70 all year around.

Cons

Truck could have better gas mileage. It has gotten better with age, and when I stay around 60 mph (instead of where it performs best - about 80), I am seeing about 350 miles per tank.

I have replaced all four O2 sensors and the throttle position sensor. Did the O2s have to go one right after the other?

The stock radio stinks! I couldn't take it anymore. Purchased a Pioneer unit - which unleashed the speakers potential.

Rev limiter kicks in at 105 mph, if anyone is interested. Not much of a con; This truck could travel much faster - but what would be the need??

Lastly; a 39 foot turning radius?  Please.

None of these cons would prevent me from buying this truck again.

Kevin_S

I Bought This Suv With 10 Miles On The Odometer. It Has Brought Nothing But Joy, — I've had this Pathfinder for 11 years and researched copiously before purchasing it. Despite the price of gas, I constantly took 'rides' after giving it a good cleaning; I just enjoyed being in it. If this vehicle got 22 miles per gallon, I would never consider parting with it. But that is the trade off for the Pathfinder's performance; getting on any entrance ramp - even going uphill - is done with authority. Breaking is spot on, and I have had no trouble even on the occasional panic stop. Just use genuine Nissan parts! It hasn't rusted (it is garaged every night), I NEVER worry about being stuck ANYWHERE, and have had enough cargo space to pack two of my daughters off to college without having to put them (my daughters) on the roof rack. Owning this vehicle has been a honeymoon. But like all marriages, the priorities changes. I have no regrets. If you can find a 2001 - 2003 in good condition, you can't go wrong.

Dylan writes:
Overall:

Pros

185k on the original engine and still going strong.

Cons

Gas mileage

Goldie The Pathfinder — Love my Pathfinder, I bought it in June with 180 thousand miles on it. The lease on my Accord was up and I just wanted something to get back and forth to school in that I would not have to dig out of my street in the winter when I was leaving for school in the morning. Love it so far, can't hardly wait for our snowy winter. The truck has great acceleration, corners very well and has the smoothest ride of any SUV that I have owned.

Mohammed writes:
Overall:

Pros

Good road grip

Cons

Again maintenance only if u use it roughly

Heavy Maintenance Cost — U have to b careful whn u go off-roads,u can get a good ride widout maintain cost, otherwise u end up in a garage...but it's a worth buy... I have just sold out mine got I used it for desert drives and it ended up My wallet on the jack. I have now come back to the basics,, driving a sedan.

Bianca writes:
2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE Review
Overall:

Pros

Great looking car, smoothish ride, sunroof.

Cons

First Cylinder misfire, Top Heavy, 6 Cylinders.

My Pathfinder :d — Love this car for its looks but I'm sick of driving an SUV. The car runs pretty smooth, not perfect but decent. The build quality is weak (first cylinder misfire), gas mileage sucks but looks sexy inside (leather) and out.

Ben writes:
2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE Review
Overall:

Pros

accelleration, visibility, Bose radio

Cons

gas mileage, traction, leg room

Slip 'n' Slide — The Nissan Pathfinder seems like a fairly middle-of-the-road car. It has good acceleration and braking power, and steering is fairly responsive. However, it peels-out very easily due to an extremely touchy gas pedal, it will spin out if the street is wet, and the gas mileage is lacking. Seating can be a little cramped, as the back bench has very little leg-room. Also, on my car (a 2001), the CD player has gone ka-puts to the extent of replacing.

Andy writes:
Overall:

Pros

Lot of Horsepower, Nice Ride and lots of Amenities

Cons

No aftermarket outfitting such as Lifts (other than suspension)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder — We had driven several SUVs, such as the Durango, Expedition, Blazer, Trailblazer, and Rodeo. But it wasn't until we drove the Pathfinder that we finally found the right vehicle. We instantly impressed with the drive, the power of the 3.5L V6 and the looks of the vehicle. Once we had driven the Pathfinder, we knew we found the SUV we had been looking for.

Displaying 1 - 10 of 13 2001 Nissan Pathfinder reviews.

Rank your car

2015 Nissan Pathfinder Reviews

High Quality All Arround Vehicle, Best In Its' Class! By GMcMahan

I love this car. It took them till 2015 to get my color but now I have it. This vehicle shows that you can have it all. Safety, tech, reliability, performance, off road ability, flexibility and fuel e... Read More

Read all 2015 Nissan Pathfinder reviews

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Reviews

Great Dance Mom//soccer Dad Vehicle By Dusek

We were looking at Infiniti Q-model and I convinced my wife that the Pathfinder is the same vehicle for $10k less. She finally agreed once sitting in the Pathfinder and agreed. She loves the high sitt... Read More

A Nice Alternative To The Dreaded Minivan. By bfitzpatrick

The 2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4WD is a great looking SUV with lots of bells and whistles. The seven passenger seating is critical for families and it works really well in this vehicle. It driv... Read More

Read all 2014 Nissan Pathfinder reviews

2013 Nissan Pathfinder Reviews

Best Value For A Do Everything Vehicle W/ Gt Mpg. By GMcMahan

At first I thought this was a great car, that's why I bought it. Now that I have owned it for 2 years it has exceeded my expectations in every category. I liked it so much that I bought my wife a 2015... Read More

Read all 2013 Nissan Pathfinder reviews

2012 Nissan Pathfinder Reviews

Nice Looking "suv" And Not The Crossover/minivan Look By Pecknecker

Overall this is a great SUV. I wanted the 2012 since the 2013 changed bodystyles to the crossover and I wasn't impressed with its look so I took advantage of the huge rebates and price markdowns on t... Read More

Read all 2012 Nissan Pathfinder reviews

2010 Nissan Pathfinder Reviews

Loved It Enough To Buy Another By dukhntr

The pathfinder LE provides interior luxury and features combined with off-road capability for thousands less than the competition. I think the interior looks better than the 4 runner. I've owned two... Read More

Good Value For What You Buy, Not Ideal For City Driving By Josh

Purchased this 2 years ago, put about 20k miles on it, including many road trips (Pittsburgh to Florida, Virginia, Niagara Falls New York, Washington DC...). Used to pull my dirtbike on a trailer and ... Read More

Read all 4 2010 Nissan Pathfinder reviews

People researching a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder contacted a dealer about

Nissan Pathfinder
Toyota 4Runner
Nissan Xterra
Ford Explorer
Pathfinder
Looking for a Used Pathfinder in your area?
CarGurus has 18,774 nationwide Pathfinder listings starting at $2,250.