1999 Chevrolet Corvette User Reviews

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Review Ratings

• Rank your car

• Performance:4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars 4.8 / 5
  • Appearance:4.9 out of 5 stars4.9 out of 5 stars4.9 out of 5 stars4.9 out of 5 stars4.9 out of 5 stars 4.9 / 5
  • Build Quality:4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars 4.2 / 5
  • Overall: 4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars 4.7 / 5

PROS
"handling" 7 reviews
"speed" 5 reviews
CONS
"speed" 2 reviews

Displaying 1 - 10 of 26 1999 Chevrolet Corvette reviews.

niterderc5 writes:
Overall:

Pros

Looks, Power and Grip and overall Performance

Cons

Dated Interior, turning radius, seats

niterderc5

A Ton Of Performance And Smiles For Not So Much $$ — I chose this car (my 5th Corvette) because I've always appreciated the low ownership costs and high performance limits and potential. I bought my first C5 at 18 years old nearly 9 years ago. In the beginning i would daily drive them. But because I choose to only own a Corvette with a manual trans it can be tiresome so I've switched my Corvette to weekend/fun duty only. One notable attribute is the potential gas mileage. On a 2-hour trip from LA to San Diego i achieved 35+ MPG avg 70-75-mph. I will always love the user friendly, simple ownership experience. If I had a wish list of improvements it would be better seats, interior build quality and entertainment system. Other than those things (which aftermarket can correct) its a wonderful car.

Corvette
Looking for a Used Corvette in your area?
CarGurus has 10,417 nationwide Corvette listings starting at $3,500.
carGrrl writes:
carGrrl
13,105

Fast Car If Driven By Right Person — This is not actually my car, but my ex-boyfriend's. Unfortunately, he drove it like a little old woman would drive an Oldsmobile. SO unfortunate. The interior was really comfortable. It really did feel like being in an airplane (with lots of dials to play with when I didn't want to listen to him yammer on). When he did decide to accelerate, this thing would fly. The engine was relatively quiet for being as big as it was. Before dating this dude, I really did not like Corvettes. Now, I have greater respect for them (but not for him).

Owner for 4 years, 4 months

Miles Driven per Year:5,000

Mike writes:
Overall:

Pros

Everything

Cons

Police radar traps

Hell Yeah! — Awesome car with all the options. Despite the look, it is actually very roomy and comfortable. By the time I shift out of first gear, I am over the speed limit on most non-interstates. The Corsa exhaust upgrade makes a big difference in sound, along with a 40hp increase. Next mod: supercharger.

Bodimach writes:
Overall:

Pros

A real eye catcher! It;s true what they say about the gas mileage. If you don't lay into it too much, it will consistantly get 27mpg. Hugs the road like no other.

Cons

Ride like a lumber wagon. C6 is a smoother ride.

Bodimach

Classy And Sexy. If It Were A Woman, I'd Marry Her.......... — This vehicle is a screaming meany. But, I do have to admit that the C6 models are alot faster and offer a smoother ride. But, if you are looking for a little more budget minded entry price into the world of vettes, this is it. Turns heads everywhere that I go.

Redcoat writes:
Overall:

Pros

Price for power is almost unbeatable, looks great, great highway fuel economy, overall a great car

Cons

Handling, city fuel economy

Redcoat

Great Car, Almost Unbeatable For The Price — I absolutely loved driving this car. Being my first car it was a great introduction into the sports car world. It's a great learning car, being able to teach you to respect the power of higher end cars without throwing too much your way. Asides from the handling (mostly in wet conditions), there's not too much to complain about on this car. After losing my back end a couple of times on turns, you learn how to control it. Would definitely recommend to anybody looking for a mid-high performance car for around $10,000-15,000

David writes:
Snow/Ice:
Overall:

Pros

gets economy car gas mileage with triple the power and handling.

Cons

low clearance , watch speed bumps , pot holes , and dirt roads

It Doesn't Sit In A Garage , Its Driven All The Time As My Primary Vehicle! — 1999 corvette with a 6 speed. Borla exhaust with no mufflers , cold air intake , no other mods. Low maintenance cost , not much has gone wrong. Had a fuel leak at one of the sending unit bolts. used an o ring as a washer and stopped the leak. Glove box latch broke. Key fob stopped working. no other problems. I drive it almost every day as a daily driver. Gets between 14 to 17 mpg city and gets between 27 to 33 mpg on the highway depending on speed. I have gotten 33 mpg at 65 mph on a long trip.

tolsen1 writes:
Overall:

Pros

Love my Vette

Cons

No Cons

tolsen1

Beautiful — I love this Corvette, Handles, Looks, catches the eyes, custom Rim, Tire, Rotor, Caliper Package. Ideal Whip for the right person, Very reliable ride, I would recommend this whip to almost anyone, Truly American classic "Corvette" #1 on my list...........Keith

KnoxUsedAutoOutlet writes:
Overall:

Pros

Bose CD Audio System; Heads-up Display; Power tilt/telescope steering wheel; Traction and Stability Control; Power Seats and more.

Cons

I can not think of anything I don't like about this car!

KnoxUsedAutoOutlet

Amazing Car! — This is the Best Corvette that I have yet to own. I have loved Corvettes all my life and this is the 2nd one I've owned so far. It is fun to drive, runs great and has had minimal issues, Its also a head turner. The LS1 engine has plenty of power. The car has excellent handling and great fuel mileage when driven easy, I constantly get 30-32 on the highway. I'd highly recommend the C5 to anyone looking for a fun car to drive that can be a daily driver and a weekend toy!

Donnie writes:
Overall:

Pros

I like everything about this car! I get right at 30 MPG on the hwy, the car is smooth, fast and looks great! I like the heads up display as well, kind of like flying a plane :)

Cons

I can't really think of anything I don't like about this car!

I Love My 1999 C5 Chevy Corvette Coupe — I am the 2nd owner of this car and can tell you that I love this car! I get complements on it all the time. The car is fast, good on fuel when my foots not pressed to the floor, it's easy to drive and handles great! I owned a 1974 Corvette back in the day and there is no comparison to that car! The C5 is comfortable on long drives, is easy to see out of and park. I've thought about trading it several times but I haven't had one single issues with the car since buying it and I don't know what I'd replace it with that looks as good and is as fun to drive.

Royce writes:
1999 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible Review
Overall:

Pros

It has it all, Shows well at car shows

Cons

None

1999 Corvette A Great American Sport Car — This car is sooo cool. You will certainly drive this car with a smile on your face. It looks great and is surprisingly comfortable. It has it all. Performance, looks, comfort, gas mileage, active handling, even decent hatchback storage with a 12 disk cd changer, Bose sound system, after market chrome wheels with new Michelins for a better ride. The Goodyear fun flat tires were very noisy so they had to go. Black Hawk exaust & Corsa exaust system give this car about 400 hp and boy doess it sound good. Lots of torque. Looks like it needs a ticket just sitting still.

Displaying 1 - 10 of 26 1999 Chevrolet Corvette reviews.

Rank your car

1954 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

Old But Strong By Jacob

sometimes unreliable starter (solonoid problems). easy clutch (3 speed-converted). beautiful though Read More

Read all 1954 Chevrolet Corvette reviews

1955 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

The Rarest Corvette Left Of Any Year By copper55

My is one of 15 copper colors sold, a driver and top flight, having both after market tops, plasticon & bubble top. %100 original. We've driven it all around the country 116,000 miles on it and loved ... Read More

Read all 1955 Chevrolet Corvette reviews

1957 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

Fun Driver And Gets Lots Of Looks. By Bruce

The performance was way better than from factory as the engine was a 283 bored to 301 and it had 2 four barrels. Also the bumpers and top were off most of the time. I never got beat from light to ligh... Read More

Great Classic, Now Expsive, Make Sure It's Restored By Greg

dad bought it in early 90's from a collector in scranton, broke down all the time right after purchase, had it restored and works great now Read More

Read all 1957 Chevrolet Corvette reviews

1958 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

A Dream Com True By Aaron

She was a short track racer that had been hit in the front right corner. the old man that owed it lost his eye sight and could't race any more. he advertised it as a race car only, but i reconized it... Read More

One Vette In The Works By Brad

This pic of the Corvette is not one of mine. This is what mine is bound to look like though. My dad and I are fixing it up and plan to put a 383 stroker in it and possibly nos later on. The car i know... Read More

Read all 1958 Chevrolet Corvette reviews

1959 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

Flashy Car, I Liked It Very Much. By Sandune

LIKES - Good looking, Girls liked riding in it ! In shop once to have shifter stalk welded up so it quit sliding around when shifting. Jeez I was cool then ! The fit and finish was ok for those year... Read More

Gorgeous!!!! By Erin

Chevrolet Corvette
Ford Mustang
Chevrolet Camaro
Corvette
Looking for a Used Corvette in your area?
CarGurus has 10,417 nationwide Corvette listings starting at $3,500.