1998 Buick Century User Reviews

1998 Buick Century Review Ratings

• Rank your car

• Performance:3 out of 5 stars3 out of 5 stars3 out of 5 stars3 out of 5 stars3 out of 5 stars 3 / 5
  • Appearance:3.8 out of 5 stars3.8 out of 5 stars3.8 out of 5 stars3.8 out of 5 stars3.8 out of 5 stars 3.8 / 5
  • Build Quality:3.6 out of 5 stars3.6 out of 5 stars3.6 out of 5 stars3.6 out of 5 stars3.6 out of 5 stars 3.6 / 5
  • Overall: 3.9 out of 5 stars3.9 out of 5 stars3.9 out of 5 stars3.9 out of 5 stars3.9 out of 5 stars 3.9 / 5

PROS
"comfortable car" 4 reviews
"big car" 2 reviews

Displaying all 9 1998 Buick Century reviews.

OldMoparNut writes:
Daily Commute:
Interior Noise:
Long Trips:
Snow/Ice:
Overall:

Pros

Smooth, even on very rough roads, loved that !!  Very quiet, too.  Economical and powerful.  Nice, big, easy controls inside and easy to read dash for 50 year old eyes.

Cons

Door wouldn't stay open, flopped back on leg easily, seats were too cushy sofa soft, but I sat on a formed support pad and then fine.  Maybe a few too many niggling little troubles to fix by 100,ooo miles compared to a Japanese car's high standards.

OldMoparNut

I Liked It A Lot, Very Smooth And Very Quiet, Efficient On Fuel. — Buick Century was very good at what it was aimed for. Family or older folks driving very comfortably and smoothly and quietly over roughest freeze thaw northern roads in the nation. My main gripe was too soft seat and door wouldn't stay open, but flop shut on leg. There was a few dumb things needing repairs in first 100,ooo miles. Nothing major. I was all set for 2nd 100,ooo miles, but it was totaled in an accident. Boy do I now miss shifter on steering column and lots off lateral room for a long right leg to be comfortable in !! I rue almost all cars getting rougher riding now days to fling around corners and there are none without a shifter on floor and console sucking up precious leg room to the side. Dang !!

Century
Looking for a Used Century in your area?
CarGurus has 1,246 nationwide Century listings starting at $995.
Cody writes:
Overall:

Highway Cruiser — Build Quality: sound mechanical condition Car Comparisons: looked at a lot of cars before deciding on this one, chose the buick cause it was cheap in excellent shape and had a new engine Performance: its really not made to go fast or take corners at any speed, its just a nice daily driver More About My Car: it looks like the Regal GS Su

gmdet writes:
Safety:
Overall:

Pros

It was very comfortable. It's pickup was good. Sound system sounded great!

Cons

Back seat leg room could be better

gmdet

Value Style Luxury Car — This is not a perfect car, but it was designed very well! Its impact resistance and roll-over resistance never cease to impress me! It''s a good looking car of style! I don't regret purchasing it! It's long drive stamina is astounding!

jtkoelle writes:
Overall:

Pros

It is a nice car. It has lasted quite a long time. It is almost 15 years old now. This is an extremely comfortable car despite its outward appearance.

Cons

I've had problems with the fuel system, wiper blade mechanism, transmission, and underbody rusting.

jtkoelle

A Car That Was Built To Last. — This car was built to last a long time. It is a high quality car. Right now it has 187700 miles on it. The transmission is beginning to signs of nearing end of life. The car's acceleration was great and although it was very loose, it had a lot of power in the V6. Definitely made it feel like you were floating over the road.

X writes:
Overall:

Pros

I like that the way it drives, smooth. It's simple and easy to clean.

Cons

I don't like getting stuck to the leader seats. It's not very stylish. I bought this car used and have had gasket problems, ever since then, I have had many problems with it :(

Nice Car If You Take Care Of It. — I like the car for just my personal use. I think if I would of taken care of it better it wouldn't be giving me so many problems. It drives great. I like the mileage, easy to clean and keep up with.

Ryan writes:
Overall:

Pros

It was fast for a Buick, with a high powered V6

Cons

It was having  electricical problems when I gave it to my Step Dad

Not For A Teenager — It wasn't a bad car, however it was not a car you would see a teenager in. No really problems, I put a head unit in it and fixed it up a bit. After awhile, maybe about a year and a half I give it again to my Step Dad to take back and forth to work which to this day he uses.

JamesD writes:
Overall:

Pros

Price, maintenance, quality.

Cons

Grandma car stigma . . .

JamesD

High Quality Without Being Over Priced — I have beat the crap out of my car towing trailers and going camping. It's like the energizer bunny. The only maintenance going from 72k miles to 126k miles has been fluids, and front rotors/pads. Of course I added the trailer hitch and stereo.

Dominic writes:
Overall:

Pros

Smooth ride, easy to control, VERY comfortable.

Cons

It's still a Buick...

Surprise!!! — After receiving this car from my Grandpa, I wasn't expecting much but I ended up LOVING this car. It was a very large car, but it drove like a cloud and had just the right amount of power for a first-time driver.

William writes:
Overall:

Pros

the aftermarket radio i had installed, and when the car does brake its cheap.

Cons

the maroon cloth interior.

My Blahuick Century. — There is nothing about this car that catches the attention. from the outside to the inside there is nothing to peek your interest. This type of detail is brought in through the performance. When you slam on the gas it goes... not quickly, but it still goes. The only exciting part is going around corner too fast and you can feel the horrible body roll.

Displaying all 9 1998 Buick Century reviews.

Rank your car

1938 Buick Century Reviews

Great Classic Car. By John

Great car, my to be wife loved it. Had 130000 miles on it when I bought it. Drove it for three years. Brought our first child home in it, top seal was bad so my wife had to protect the baby from sno... Read More

Head-turner By Keyser

What can i say but what a car!!! awesome lines, insane horsepower, a tank on wheels Read More

Read all 1938 Buick Century reviews

1955 Buick Century Reviews

A Very Pretty Car In Factory Original Colors! By Vince

A very fast car for it's age as the smaller and lighter Century had the Roadmaster 322 cu, 264 hp, V8 4bbl engine that was needed to move the much larger and heavier Roadmaster. I have owned it since ... Read More

Read all 1955 Buick Century reviews

1957 Buick Century Reviews

The "banker's Hotrod" By Kevin

Century during the late '50's combined the high performance Roadmaster engine with the smaller, Special body which made the car quite a performer. My first car was a '57 Special 4-door that I got fro... Read More

Read all 1957 Buick Century reviews

1973 Buick Century Reviews

It's A Land Yacht By Scooter

Build Quality: front header, other than that nothing, Perfect Shape needs new carb Car Comparisons: omg, 28000 miles Performance: excellent, does about 130 More About My Car: I need picks Read More

Read all 1973 Buick Century reviews

1975 Buick Century Reviews

1975 Buick Century Stationwagon , Daddy's "old Girl " By aardwolfk

A pleasure to drive and a beauty to look at ! Even the kids love the backward facing rear seat . Was my dad's prized possesion, you could really see him coming in this eye catching beauty of a Buick. ... Read More

Read all 1975 Buick Century reviews

People researching a 1998 Buick Century contacted a dealer about

Buick Century
Buick LeSabre
Buick Regal
Toyota Camry
Century
Looking for a Used Century in your area?
CarGurus has 1,246 nationwide Century listings starting at $995.