1995 Buick Riviera User Reviews

1995 Buick Riviera Review Ratings

• Rank your car

• Performance:3.7 out of 5 stars3.7 out of 5 stars3.7 out of 5 stars3.7 out of 5 stars3.7 out of 5 stars 3.7 / 5
  • Appearance:4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars 4.4 / 5
  • Build Quality:3.7 out of 5 stars3.7 out of 5 stars3.7 out of 5 stars3.7 out of 5 stars3.7 out of 5 stars 3.7 / 5
  • Overall: 4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars 4.4 / 5

PROS
"style" 7 reviews
"comfortable car" 5 reviews
"handling" 5 reviews
"interior" 5 reviews
CONS
"driver" 2 reviews
"expensive car" 2 reviews

Displaying 1 - 10 of 14 1995 Buick Riviera reviews.

Yvonne writes:
Overall:

Pros

Features & interior styling

Cons

Front wheel drive

Love My Riv — Overall it's a great car! Built very strong, and is really comfortable! It IS a luxury car! Surprisingly powerful for such a large car. Fun to drive and it gets a lot of attention since there isn't that many around.

Zack writes:
Overall:

Pros

smooth, but has some umph to it

Cons

it is a boat and not amazing on gas

Nice Mix Between Performance And Luxury — it feels super heavy, but when u get on it it definately has some go to it haha. It actually performs just as well as the new charger and an 87 corvette, once they actually got the motor in the car. nice inside, great highway car, not so much stop and go traffic.

Doug writes:
1995 Buick Riviera STD Coupe Review
Overall:

Pros

Luxury and Quality

Cons

Performance is all I can say.

95 Buick Riviera 9 Out Of 10 — I would say this car was built pretty good. The design is like no other, and the pure quality is up there with Cadillac. I loved this car with all my heart. The only problem I had with it was that it lacked in the performance department, but over all it's a nice car to own, it will last as long as you take care of it.

jimmydean51 writes:
Interior Noise:
Safety:
Snow/Ice:
Overall:

Pros

wonderful ride and handling, especially great traction in snow, easy to drive, very powerful.

Cons

hard to find parts, lots of wiring,

jimmydean51
Not Active

I Love My Ride, Most Comfortable Vehicle I've Owned. — I've had great times in this vehicle. I just wish buick would make it again with the same look. This car was so futuristic when it was in production, it looked odd then, but would go over very well now, but keep the same body style, don't change it. Every make and model looks like everything else today. You cant tell a Cadillac from a Toyota anymore. Seems everyone is driving a car that looks like all the rest. we need something different, yet affordable.

myriviera writes:
Overall:

Pros

Awesome to drive

Cons

Could nickel and dime you to death

myriviera

Worth Every Penny It Takes To Fix..at Some Point It Will Be Brand New Again — I love the way this car handles and accelerates. It is the most luxurious ride ever. Body style is awesome. It has every option I can think of; however, the 95 seems to have a lot of mechanical problems. I have already put over $3000 in it, but it's worth it to me.

You found this review helpful

Hornet749 writes:
Overall:

Pros

Style, Power, Plush Comfort

Cons

NONE

Hornet749

Best Luxury Cruiser Ever — This car is an absolute pleasure to own and drive. Still a head turner after all these years. Most folks just cannot believe the comfort, power and modern styling for a car of this age. This car was selected as the Riviera Performance Group cover car for 2012.

nickmarino83 writes:
Accessories:
Battery Life:
Overall:

Pros

Great styling, Interiors comfortable, exterior was ahead of its time, reliable, Riviera has a huge following evidently.

Cons

Now that Im approaching the 100,000 mile marker it seems as if the repairs keep coming one after another...

nickmarino83

I Love This Car To Death Just Wish It Came With A 100,000 Mile Warranty Like Kia! — I really overall love this car. Its got me from A to B multiple times even when there were problems already going on but I had no time to fix them. This car has truly been through hell cause I pushed it harder than I should have at times. Also I let certain repairs go for too long while still driving. Long story short, the car is dependable, reliable, and for being 18 years old it still looks pretty stylish. The good old Rivi is the best buy of my car buying career hands down.

rodknock3 writes:
Overall:

Pros

Can Run really good, plenty of power, plenty of speed, great handling  Very comfortable and reliable.  Gas mileage is much better than I expected.  When it runs right - it runs great.  I really like the look of this car and get a lot of compliments on it especially from the younger crowd who dont know what it is but think it looks really cool - when I tell them it's supercharged then it's just the icing on the cake.  Very pretty car, classy and sporty!  Car is very comfortable has dual zone temperature controls, ABS, Traction control, steering wheel controls for radio and temperature, all gauges/knobs/switches are easily within reach of the driver, has a very cool sun visor system which allows for almost complete blocking on sun glare all the way around the front of the vehicle.  The car rides really well and with auto adjusting struts - corners like it's on rails!

Cons

have had a few driveability issues - doesn't always have the power it should have, traction control/ABS module acts up and had to pull the fuse just so we could drive it but always starts, gets me where i'm going and when it's running right - its not a dog!!!  Repair costs are a little ridiculous - parts are hard to find and when you do find them they are exorbitant!  Drivers side rear view mirror is electronic (not just electric!) and costs over $600 (parts only) to replace.  Auto levelling struts also - dealer wouldnt even tell me the cost as it was unbelievably expensive to replace.

rodknock3

Comfortable Car/great Performance When It Runs Right — Car has great potential - very comfortable and can run really well...One complaint is not enough power ports inside for ipods/tablets and maybe could use an extra couple cup holders for backseat occupants but then we don't want our children back there spilling everywhere so is probably better not to have cup holders LOL...Great car overall - like it very much....

Anarchy32 writes:
Battery Life:
Overall:

Pros

Car looks, rides/drives, and handles great. Lots of room in the interior and trunk. Comfortable to ride and drive in and drives smooth.

Cons

Starting to have issues with things in the car. For example, driver side window quit working, not heat or AC blowing.

Anarchy32

Even With The Couple Issues I'm Currently Having, I Still Love The Car. — I really love my Riviera. When I first had seen it on the lot I knew I wanted it. The white paint job was flawless, great looking, and bright. The interior is all burgundy with leather seats. The interior was also flawless. It was the cleanest and nicest interior I have ever seen in a vehicle as old as this car is. For being a 1995(almost 20 years old), it only had 100,058 miles on it. It ran and drove great and it still does(minus the couple issues I have currently). Overall the best vehicle purchase I have made yet.

Alvin1966 writes:
Overall:

Pros

This body style is 19 yrs. old but fits right in with todays styles. The ride is second to none and has ample space inside. I find that the controls are well suited for my type driving. Gas mileage are reasonable especially since the vehicle has a 20 gallon capacity tank which makes rode trips less worrisome.

Cons

When things began to go bad especially electrical..  it take certified mechanics with Riviera experience to work on the vehicle. This year model apparently was the test model and several minor things will need attention. I also own a 98 and its not as problematic as the 95.

Alvin1966

Overall I Am Very Impressed. — First my appreciation for the Buick brand and especially the Riviera. Previously I owned a 75 85 and (95 we still own) which were purchased new. The 95 I am referencing is my comments is one purchased from a private owner.

Displaying 1 - 10 of 14 1995 Buick Riviera reviews.

Rank your car

1963 Buick Riviera Reviews

Beauty In A Reinforced Concrete Body By Lenny

Coming in at over 4,000 lb, the 1963 is no lightweight. you could hit a telephone poll and the car will just smile and keep on going. the 401 bigblock has tons of power and torq, although the tires ar... Read More

Read all 1963 Buick Riviera reviews

1964 Buick Riviera Reviews

Comfortable And Easy To Drive. By Bruce

This was a great road car, as all Buick's seem to be, but not very good on mileage. Really roomy and you could always get what you needed to carry in the car and/or trunk. Always seemed to be warm bec... Read More

1964 Riviera By Paven

The car is getting an updated 425ci big block, it will be pushing around 600hp when all done. Which is more than enough power to push this 4500Lb car around anywhere. The car rides like your floating ... Read More

Read all 1964 Buick Riviera reviews

1965 Buick Riviera Reviews

"charlie" I Gave You My Money, I Gave You My Time, Why You Wanna Hurt Me Girl. By DonKujawa

Gap Band song "Burn Rubber" says it all You took my money, you took my time Made me think everything was fine Then you upped and ran away And made me just go crazy I never, ever had a lover Wh... Read More

Black Beauty By Hillstreet

One of the most beatiful cars of the 60s. A real head turner where ever you go. Some likes the style some dont. Lost of power if you want and a exellent cruise machine. Perfect for long trips becau... Read More

Read all 6 1965 Buick Riviera reviews

1966 Buick Riviera Reviews

Second Most Coveted Riviera After The '65 By JRD425

Love the styling with the hidden headlights. Last year for the nailhead 425. Cars can be loaded with all the goodies. Most dash controls are either metal or strong materials that last forever. Incredi... Read More

Read all 1966 Buick Riviera reviews

1967 Buick Riviera Reviews

Nice Style And Impressive Performance! By PhilR

Mine has the GS package, it's loaded with most options and has bucket seat and console. The disc brakes are powerful, the a/c and accessories all work good. The handling is very nice for a large 60's ... Read More

Read all 1967 Buick Riviera reviews

People researching a 1995 Buick Riviera contacted a dealer about

Buick Riviera
Cadillac Eldorado
Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Buick LeSabre
Riviera
Looking for a Used Riviera in your area?
CarGurus has 99 nationwide Riviera listings and the tools to find you a great deal.