1980 Chevrolet Citation User Reviews

1980 Chevrolet Citation Review Ratings

• Review your car

• Performance:3.3 out of 5 stars3.3 out of 5 stars3.3 out of 5 stars3.3 out of 5 stars3.3 out of 5 stars 3.3 / 5
  • Appearance:3.3 out of 5 stars3.3 out of 5 stars3.3 out of 5 stars3.3 out of 5 stars3.3 out of 5 stars 3.3 / 5
  • Build Quality:2.3 out of 5 stars2.3 out of 5 stars2.3 out of 5 stars2.3 out of 5 stars2.3 out of 5 stars 2.3 / 5
  • Overall: 3.3 out of 5 stars3.3 out of 5 stars3.3 out of 5 stars3.3 out of 5 stars3.3 out of 5 stars 3.3 / 5

PROS
"big space" 2 reviews

Displaying all 7 1980 Chevrolet Citation reviews.

Licorice writes:
Overall:

Pros

Unique looking ride, lots of cargo room

Cons

Wimpy engine.

The Little Car That Could — I bought my '80 Citation for $200 in 1993. It was missing 2nd gear so I had to over shift from 1st to 3rd. Mine was the 2 door coupe. The seats were rather low but comfortable. There was LOTS of room for our band gear, guitars, amps and even a snare drum. It was reliable until the clutch blew and the emergency brake went on.

Citation
Looking for a Used Citation in your area?
CarGurus has 1 nationwide Citation listings and the tools to find you a great deal.
dw2118 writes:
Overall:

Pros

best gas mileage I have ever seen

Cons

ours had seriously flawed transmission

dw2118

We Had A Love Hate Relationship. When It Worked Good, It Was A Great Car. — My husband and I bought a 1980 chevy citation in April of 1979 because we were looking for a car that got good mileage. It definately did that, we were getting 45 miles to the gallon in town driving and about 55 highway. It was a good car in many ways except one, one I have not seen mentioned anywhere. Maybe our car was the only one with this problem, but it was a serious and expensive one. One month after we bought it, the manual transmission gave out. We had the car for 5 years, and every year, the transmission had to be rebuilt or replaced and the clutch also had problems. A mechanic finally told us it could never be fixed right, that is was a design flaw so we traded it in for a Subaru, a truely outstanding car. Also had starter literally fall off car!

Steve writes:
Overall:

Pros

Bullet-proof, ran forever, front wheel drive

Cons

Looks, vinyl seats

It Was The Yellow Rust Bucket — Imagine a yellow Citation - well, it WAS yellow before the rust moved in (NE Ohio does that to cars). It had the standard V6 with front wheel drive. Front and rear vinyl bench seats were also standard. the premium sound was courtesy of Delco and was outfitted with the "old skool" dial tuning technology It was given to me by my parents as my first car at the age of 16 (high school). That car would run through anything. It was ugly as sin but it was free... only because my parents would have had to pay the junkyard to take it away! Oh, lucky me...

Mark writes:
Overall:

Pros

There are pros for this car?

Cons

Bad clutch, ugly, it was BROWN.

First Company Car - What A Piece Of Junk. — This was Chevy's version of GM's "X" body in the early '80s. I inherited this as my company car from a guy who had resigned. Turns out he had been a heavy drug user, so I was scared-to-death that the search dogs at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base would sniff around this car and find something. Had a huge problem with the clutch (yes - it had 4-on-the-floor); if when you clutched it made a clicking sound, I knew I had to double-clutch or you couldn't shift. I was so glad to get rid of this thing!

Scott writes:
Overall:

Pros

Nice car with a lot of room.

Cons

Lots of things broke.  The shift lever broke off in my hand.  Had oil leaks.

I Liked The Car, But It Wasn't Built Very Well. — I really liked this car and Motor Trend named it the car of the year. I was looking for a reliable and nice looking car.

Jonah writes:
Overall:

Pros

totally awesome

Cons

needs a dual exhaust step from factory

X-11 — drives nice, really good for a almost classic car. Performance is pretty good I'm hoping to find the new 3.6L V6 that is in the new Camaro and fix up the interior. The brakes need a little work. Overall "I'm lovin' It"

Jonah writes:
Overall:

Cons

Still needs to be restorded

Totally Awersome!! — This is a really good car and safe. So that you can complety role it and still surive.The gas mileage is really good considering the age. And it is most deffienly fun to drive.The stripes on the car are from a Camaro/Chevelle style and really go with the whole look of the car.

Displaying all 7 1980 Chevrolet Citation reviews.

Review your car

1984 Chevrolet Citation Reviews

Citation By cameraman117

Gas mileage was great 30 mpg plus. Nice for short trips around town delivering documents around town. The hatchback was useful for hauling garbage and Christmas trees. Car seats had trouble fitting i... Read More

Chevy Citation Ii, The Almost Station Wagon By Denise

Had one of these right out of college in '90. Drove it til I couldn't fix it any more. Loved it because of it's cargo capacity and fuel economy. Had an "iron duke" 4 cylinder in it. Overall interior... Read More

Read all 3 1984 Chevrolet Citation reviews

1982 Chevrolet Citation Reviews

X-11 By Paul

It was an X-11 model. Yeah I know it's still a Citation, but some of us out there knew what they really were. The X-11 option was a race prepared option produced for the SCCA race series. Chevrolet... Read More

Don't Write Off The Citation! By Jaime

It's ghetto fabulous, LOL. Honestly, I thought it wasn't a bad car for $500 bucks. I needed a car fast, and I found it on Craig's List. The body was solid, only a couple small spots of surface rust... Read More

Read all 3 1982 Chevrolet Citation reviews
Citation
Looking for a Used Citation in your area?