1977 Chevrolet Corvette User Reviews

1977 Chevrolet Corvette Review Ratings

• Rank your car

• Performance:4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars 4.4 / 5
  • Appearance:5 out of 5 stars5 out of 5 stars5 out of 5 stars5 out of 5 stars5 out of 5 stars 5 / 5
  • Build Quality:3.8 out of 5 stars3.8 out of 5 stars3.8 out of 5 stars3.8 out of 5 stars3.8 out of 5 stars 3.8 / 5
  • Overall: 4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars 4.6 / 5

PROS
"sound" 2 reviews
"body" 2 reviews
CONS

Displaying all 9 1977 Chevrolet Corvette reviews.

Ponce writes:
1977 Chevrolet Corvette Review
Overall:

Pros

Sounds like a real muscle car and moves pretty good

Cons

Gas, gas, gas, it drinks it like crazy...454 I know what do you expect...

1977 Chevrolet Corvette Drive Train — This is an original 1977 Excalibur not a kit or replicar. They were built on new Corvette drive trains with 454 engines which it still has.

Corvette
Looking for a Used Corvette in your area?
CarGurus has 10,836 nationwide Corvette listings starting at $3,499.
Dobermann writes:
Battery Life:
Daily Commute:
Interior Noise:
Parking:
Safety:
Weight:
Overall:

Pros

Great body lines from any angle. Some people might not know the year, but they all know it's a Vette!

Cons

A lot of engine heat coming through the firewall.

Dobermann

I Love This Car. It Is A Head Turner Where Ever I Go. — I didn't like the 180 HP motor, so I replaced it with 500 HP at the rear wheels.I put wider tires and wheels on the car. Added a roll-bar, fuel cell, seats and dash, put a big hood scoop on, painted the car a Metallic Red, put real dual exhaust on with headers. Replaced all gauges with Autometer Z-series. I have a 5 point harness, and a place for my helmet and gear. The COKE BOTTLE body design is timeless, and I love my 2003 Vette, but it's just not the same.

Country860 writes:
Overall:

Pros

Great Car to drive. It's alot of fun.

Cons

Not much storage but you can't expect that out of a sports car.

Country860

Awesome Car! — It's an American Muscle Car! I love it. It looks great and holds the road great. I have always wanted a Corvette and now I have one and it is in perfect condition body and motor. I don't think I would ever sell it.

Jacks77 writes:
Overall:

Pros

Sweeping fenders and low profile... true American Sports Car!

Cons

Poor horsepower rating in 1977

Jacks77

The 77 Corvette Is A Pleasure To Drive And Take To Cruise-in's. — The stock 1977 was lacking in horsepower with only 180hp, so I proceeded to have mine stroked to 383 and balanced/blueprinted with alloy pistons, roller rocker, cam etc. Then proceeded to customize the Corvette with lambo doors, 67 stinger hood, hooker-sidepipes, GT headlights, custom rear spoiler and front/rear VBP racing suspension.

Owner for 10 years, 6 months

Parking:
Safety:
Weight:
Overall:

Pros

Love the drive, looks I get from people when I used to cruise her. People would stop me just to take pics of her. She would turn their heads which made me feel good about what I had created. Love the rumbling sound and the jams from my CD player. She hugs the gound especially when going around curves in California. Was a Blast driving her.

Cons

Well, it's the gas... the more you push on the peddle for speed, more gas she eats..

KiKiVette

Excellant She Turns Heads. — Loved the look of her, the speed, the feel of being secure in the seats. The Candy Apple Red w/plum just shimmers in the sunlight and the glow of the side pipe guards just bounce the light off the vette.

Jerry writes:
Overall:

Pros

Stylish for the time. Better as a highway cruiser than a good handling car.

Cons

Another disappointing attempt by GM to call this generation of Corvette a quality car.

Loved The Car At The Time And, Looking Back, Wonder What I Was Thinking To Have Owned This Car — Good looking car in the natural color trend of the late 70's. At 195 horsepower, it was fast for the time but a dog of a car. The air conditioner compressor sounded like a bucket of bolts at idle or on deceleration. The heat of the transmission made it intolerable to remove the roof panels in nice weather. I sold this car when gas went to $1.25 and it was getting 16 mpg at best.

Joseph writes:
Overall:

Pros

Dream car, White, Awesome ride, Looks ;)

Cons

Suspension squeaks, Alternator is going bad, Vacuum lines (ugh), Carburated, Ugh

My All Time Favorite Car — The only qualm I have for this car is the 174 horsepower claim. Other than than, it's the car I've always dreamt of. The car, as is now, is completely all original and will stay that way. As of now it has only 55,500 miles on it and by the time I am finished with the restore project, there probably won't be much more than that :)

cam1999 writes:
Overall:

Pros

Looks

Cons

None

cam1999

Love This Great American Sports Cars — I love the original car's performance, however with a few bolt on's, the car was absolutely great to drive. The 6th gear is almost never used unless on long road trips, the 4.10 rear makes 6th very useable and more seat of the pants accesleration

John writes:
Overall:

Pros

Low End Torque/acceleration, great balance/low to the ground, tee tops, classic styling and I could work on it myself without having to take it to a mechanic!

Cons

Poor fuel economy, engine burned tons of oil, little storage space, cruise control didn't work, built during the high of the height of the oil crisis, it had the smallest engine ever put in a Vette (a 350) and wasn't as fast as it looked!

Couldn't Kill This Car! — I drove this for 10 years through my college days in San Francisco and even took it on long road trips to San Diego (my hometown) and Tahoe. It sucked major amounts of fuel as I would need to gas up 5 times to get from SF to SD...I couldn't imagine owning it with today's gas prices, at least not as a primary car. Over the years I only allowed 2 of my friends to drive it as there is a learning-curve to driving a Corvette...The steering is different than a normal car as the driver basically sits on the real axle and it takes time to learn to account for the larger than normal hood not to mention no bumpers! On sunny days I could pop off the tee tops and strap them to the back rack to enjoy the weather. When my Dad first gave me the car for my Junior year of H.S 1990 it was painted "Battleship Grey" and it still had an 8 Track player in it so I had to use an adapter to play cassette tapes! My parents had it painted White as a H.S. graduation present for me. I later replaced that stereo with a CD player and a pair of 6x9 speakers in the back...That as way too much stereo for that little cabin space and I likely have some hearing loss in my right ear as a direct result! Over the years I personally replaced the radiator, the brakes, upholstery, weatherstripping and center console...I've often said that I would be a rich man today if I hadn't sunk so much money into that car! The weatherstripping had to be done after the car began leaking in the rain...I spent 2 years having to sit on a plastic bag because it was parked outside in SF during the winter rains...I couldn't get it dried out until Spring! Car got a little beat up when I was rear-ended on 580 by a kid who wasn't even supposed to be on the freeway with his father's crotch-rocket. That happened after I had blown the transmission and driven the car 3-4 quarts low on oil on a couple of occasions yet it kept running! I finally sold it to a family friend on September 11, 2001 up in Sparks, NV with the understanding that I could buy it back anytime I wanted for $7,500 but I don't need another thing to suck up my money right now! Love to have it back someday!

Displaying all 9 1977 Chevrolet Corvette reviews.

Rank your car

1954 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

Old But Strong By Jacob

sometimes unreliable starter (solonoid problems). easy clutch (3 speed-converted). beautiful though Read More

Read all 1954 Chevrolet Corvette reviews

1955 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

The Rarest Corvette Left Of Any Year By copper55

My is one of 15 copper colors sold, a driver and top flight, having both after market tops, plasticon & bubble top. %100 original. We've driven it all around the country 116,000 miles on it and loved ... Read More

Read all 1955 Chevrolet Corvette reviews

1957 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

Fun Driver And Gets Lots Of Looks. By Bruce

The performance was way better than from factory as the engine was a 283 bored to 301 and it had 2 four barrels. Also the bumpers and top were off most of the time. I never got beat from light to ligh... Read More

Great Classic, Now Expsive, Make Sure It's Restored By Greg

dad bought it in early 90's from a collector in scranton, broke down all the time right after purchase, had it restored and works great now Read More

Read all 1957 Chevrolet Corvette reviews

1958 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

A Dream Com True By Aaron

She was a short track racer that had been hit in the front right corner. the old man that owed it lost his eye sight and could't race any more. he advertised it as a race car only, but i reconized it... Read More

One Vette In The Works By Brad

This pic of the Corvette is not one of mine. This is what mine is bound to look like though. My dad and I are fixing it up and plan to put a 383 stroker in it and possibly nos later on. The car i know... Read More

Read all 1958 Chevrolet Corvette reviews

1959 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

Flashy Car, I Liked It Very Much. By Sandune

LIKES - Good looking, Girls liked riding in it ! In shop once to have shifter stalk welded up so it quit sliding around when shifting. Jeez I was cool then ! The fit and finish was ok for those year... Read More

Gorgeous!!!! By Erin

Handles like a dream. Read More

Read all 3 1959 Chevrolet Corvette reviews

People researching a 1977 Chevrolet Corvette contacted a dealer about

1977 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe, Taken at Tacoma, WA Ruston Drive along the waterfront with Mt Rainier in the background., exterior
Chevrolet Corvette
Ford Mustang
Chevrolet Camaro
Dodge Challenger
Corvette
Looking for a Used Corvette in your area?
CarGurus has 10,836 nationwide Corvette listings starting at $3,499.