Sign in | Register | My account |

1976 Ford Elite User Reviews

1976 Ford Elite Review Ratings

• Review your car

• Performance:4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars 4 / 5
  • Appearance:4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars 4.3 / 5
  • Build Quality:4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars 4.8 / 5
  • Overall: 4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars 4.6 / 5

PROS
CONS
"heavy car" 2 reviews

Displaying all 7 1976 Ford Elite reviews.

bigbrian16 writes:
Overall:

Pros

A real cruiser, a blast to drive !

Cons

Gas Guzzler

bigbrian16

A Fun Car To Own And Enjoy, This Car Was Made To Cruise And To Take For A Night On The Town ! — Big and Sporty luxury car. Power to spare, a big lumbering beast of a car with a great sounding exhaust and plush interior, you were the king when picking up your date in this classic, wish I had one now !

Corey writes:
Overall:

Pros

very nicely built car

Cons

age shows eventually

Classic 70s Class — I love my car.. strong 351w motor.. metal body.. leather seats.. great cruiser with alotta power.. repairs and upkeep are a must though. rough on gas as well. i spend about $100 dollars filling this 26 gallon monster. gets about 12 mpg. heavy car but fun and very comfortable if you can afford it.

Hunter writes:
Overall:

Pros

Classic car, nice interior, smokin hot engine with some tune up work

Cons

HEAVY!!!

Elite — While it may look like a grandma car, it came stock with a 460 big block v8. Enough to turn heads from a mile away making people ask what that beastly sound is. Heavy as it may have been, drop some .373's in the rear end and you get a real haul asser!

tamagnum writes:
Overall:

Pros

Body didn't rust, Rides like a T'Bird

tamagnum

Great Ride Mine Only Has 54,000 Mi. — My mother gave me mine, she had it since 1977. 400 big block. Good gas milageAll original.

Owner for 15 years, 0 months

Miles Driven per Year:200

James writes:
Overall:

Pros

It runs!

Cons

It needs carb work and a good cleaning

Its A Boat — lets see if we can float it! Its got 78,000 miles most likely original, one owner and then me. clear title and 100 bucks later and she was mine. It runs but I hauled it home anyways. Lost of small issues but it is in need of a loving home.

P.J.'s_'79_5.0 writes:
Overall:

Pros

Strong, dependable.

Cons

Size for these days, too big.

P.J.'s_'79_5.0

This Was A Great Family Car Back In The Day. — I really liked the looks of this car when I got it. It was great for long drives, comfortable. Very dependable and reliable, but not very economical. This car was not built for racing, but my other twin had lots of power because it had been beefed up with suspension and motor work. This car cost me very little, just small regular maintenance bills for small things, like oil changes, filters, brakes, fluids, which I did myself. Brakes worked great never worried about stopping. Handled ok on hwy, but this was not an in town rat racer. I enjoyed it when I drove it, but to just have it sitting there taking up space, I didn't want it anymore.

arngmurray writes:
Overall:

Pros

still running

Cons

balding on vinyl cover

arngmurray

Best Car Ever! — well it is fairly old now, my uncle gave it to me and it is a pretty reliable car. I did however have to replace a couple parts out of age. Just recently ticked it over 80k miles, which is pretty damn good for being 33 years old. It is like riding on a cloud, people always compliment how comfortable it is when they ride with me. It pretty much is a tank, a deer hit the car when i was driving at 55 mp/h. nothing happened to the engine compartment. The gas is an issue, takes like 8 miles to the gallon, which is kind of crappy in this day and age. But overall, awesome car, glad i have it.

Displaying all 7 1976 Ford Elite reviews.

Review your car

1975 Ford Elite Reviews

Awesome By bvito666

75 Torino Elite By BoopHoop

I really do love this car. Was never a Ford person until i purchased this one. I love the way it drives, how it handles and the sound of it is amazing. The appearance is magnificant. The is no tear or... Read More

Read all 3 1975 Ford Elite reviews

1974 Ford Elite Reviews

Looks Great Gets A Lot Of Looks And Everyone Says I Had One Or Learned To Drive In One By btorino

love my car not too many left mines mint stored in barn 15 yrs then sat outside another 5yrs has 80,000 miles on it starts and runs great when ever and runs where ever big enough for family rides plus... Read More

Never Take Off Factory Primer By P.J.'s_'79_5.0

This '74 Gran Torino Elite was the strongest car I've owned. Unfortunately it probably cost me the most on repairs. The C6 tranny would fry out once a year, up until I installed a low stall torque con... Read More

Read all 1974 Ford Elite reviews
Elite
Looking for a Used Elite in your area?
CarGurus has thousands of nationwide listings and the tools to find you a great deal.