No Impact on Your Credit ScoreSo check out your options. Your credit won't budge!
Only Takes MinutesJust enter a few basic details to instantly see your options
Personalized Real RatesKnow your real monthly payment before visiting the dealer
- How do I get pre-qualified?
- Click here to submit your information to check your eligibility for any pre-qualification offers.
- Where can I check my pre-qualification status?
- Click here to see your pre-qualification offers. Don't have a CarGurus account? Enter the email you used when applying and we’ll email instructions on how to set one up. Make sure to check your inbox and spam folder. You can also reach out directly to the participating lender.
- When does my pre-qualification expire?
- Your offer is valid for 30 days after your pre-qualification request is received. If your offer has expired, you can always re-submit your information to check your eligibility for a new offer. Note: the offer may be different upon resubmission.
- I have an offer. What am I pre-qualified for?
- You’re pre-qualified for auto financing from one of our participating lenders. Your offer can be used to purchase vehicles sold by dealers who work with the participating lender(s) you’re pre-qualified with.
- How much am I pre-qualified for?
- The total amount you may finance for a given vehicle can vary based on the lender. Reach out directly to participating lenders with any additional questions.
- Can I get pre-qualified with poor credit?
- Everyone is welcome to see if they pre-qualify with our participating lenders!
- Do I need to include a down payment?
- A down payment may be required in certain circumstances. In these cases, you’ll be prompted to include a down payment when it is necessary to purchase the vehicle.
- I never received notification of my pre-qualification approval.
- Make sure to check your inbox and spam folder. You can also view and open pre-qualification offers here.
- I need to revise the information I’ve already submitted.
- Reach out directly to participating lenders for help.
Our participating lenders & rates
- Which lenders do you work with?
- Capital One, Chase, Westlake Financial and Global Lending Services (GLS) are our participating lenders. Have questions about lender restrictions or your specific offer? Reach out directly to lenders for help.
- Which lenders am I pre-qualified with?
- Click here to view your financing dashboard to check your current offers. If you don’t see any active offers, you can see if you pre-qualify here.
- Which lender is my offer rate from?
- You’ll see the name of the lender next to each rate with your offer. Click here to see your current offers.
- How is my monthly payment for my offer calculated?
- Your monthly payment is calculated based off the amount you wish to finance, your Annual Percentage Rate, and the term of your loan. Try our calculator tool.
- Why don’t I see rates from each of my pre-qualified participating lenders?
- Our lenders each work with different dealers. Depending on the dealer, the vehicle, and the status of your pre-qualification, the lender(s) who provide offer(s) may vary.
- Why are rates and loan terms different for some lenders vs. others?
- Different lenders have different credit and lending policies. They can vary based on credit and vehicle criteria.
Using pre-qualification offers
- What do I do with my pre-qualification offer?
- Use your offer to view rates for cars eligible for financing on CarGurus. Make sure to print or reference your pre-qualification certificate on your phone or device. Take your pre-qualification offer with you when you visit the dealer. Terms are not final until your financing is completed at a participating dealer.
- What should I expect at the dealer?
- Contact the dealer in advance to make sure the vehicle you selected is still available. Bringing your offer and knowing your terms in advance will help you make a more informed financing decision. Plus, if the dealer offers alternate financing options, you'll have something to compare them to and leverage for negotiation.
When using your offer to complete your vehicle purchase, the dealer will ask you to fill out an additional credit application and may ask for a driver’s license, insurance, proof of income or proof of residence.
- Where can I find my pre-qualification certificate?
- Click here select "View Vehicle Offers" next to the offer you would like to view, then select "Rebuild Your Offer". Then, click "Print Certificate" or "Email Certificate."
- How do I know the dealer will have the car I selected?
- Pre-qualifying does not guarantee that the exact car you selected will be available when you go to the dealer. Please call the dealer before visiting to check the availability of the exact model you have selected.
- Can I use my pre-qualification for multiple vehicles?
- Your pre-qualification allows you to view and compare rates on multiple vehicles. Your pre-qualification can only be used for the purchase of one personal use vehicle.