SUN ROOOF

45

Asked by Sep 26, 2008 at 06:21 PM about the 2005 Scion tC Sport Coupe

SOMETIMES THE SUNROOF STICKS, I DONT SEE ANYTHING IN THE TRACKS.  ANY OF U HAVING THIS PROBLEM?

45

Could be you have a short maybe change the fuse?

25

That happened to me when disconnected the battery, it took a while to start working again same with the power windows, maybe its a battery thing. Batterys do some weird stuff

5

actually it could be you need to grease the tracks i was having problems and brought it into the dealer and its an easy fix with grease

25

My sunroof has been sticking as well too. When i close it and it stops half way for the safetly feature and when i hit the button again it continues to go back all the way instead of closing, is this similar to what you are having? I took it to the dealer since its still under wrty and they told me that they fixed it but now its giving me the same issue a couple months later.. any ideas? did you get your straightened out?

15

This was a recall on the tc. I just took mine to the dealer and they fixed it for free.

25

That's what i figured because i searched around online and that's what i found out, but i wanted to make sure that they would fix it for free because its not something that i did wrong! I also still have my warranty so that should cover it too. I take my car on Wednesday to get fixed so they know of the recall if they know what they are doing right? Or should i TELL them! lol..

15

If you go in and tell them the problem and jsut emntion taht it was a recall then they will look it up to confirm it and will start the work. It should be free. If nto then argue witht hem until they do it for free.

25

Yeah the place i go totally hates me because i am there all the time with something! But oh well.. that's why i have warranty... i'll mention it to them and they bettery fix it! Its a big company so i don't see why they shouldn't know or fix it without a cost.. i would think something that big (a recall) they would know about it.. the recall is for the 05-06' models right? that's what i was reading about? Maybe i'll take the information i foudn online down to the place. Is this the only issue you are having with you tC?

15

Yeah. Something with the wind deflector. Just print info off and when you go in just say that you are there to get your recall fixed and show them the paper and they should jsut fix it with no problem

25

Awesome! Thank you a bunch! You are awesome! : )

25

So i took my car in wednesday to get fixed they had it from 8am to about 6pm and i went and picked it up.. of course it was raining so i could check the sunroof and they told me it was fixed.. first of all they charged me for it! and second of all i today i try using the sunroof and it happened again! even after they charged me and told me the issue was fixed! So i called the Del Toyota back up and they question if i knew how to use my sunroof! I've had the car a WHILE now and they question me on how to use the sunroof! Do you have any idea what they did to fix it? because i can't get mine closed and i have to take it back tomorrow which is another 45 min drive to fix the issue the 2 time when their work should be garenteed!

25

They also told me that i jumped my car which is why i had to pay for it because apparently that voids the warranty, which i never did jump my car before! Im pretty sure i would know if i did or not.. any ideas? lol sorry just really frustrated and trying to figure the best way around this...

15

Well that is fricken stupid. And sorry i don't know how to fix it. I didn't ask when they fixed mine because they actually told me that it was recalled and that they would just go ahead and fix it. I think what it needs is a whole new wind shield and bracket. I think if you look on the internet enough someone will tell you how to fix it. sorry to hear about that!!!!!

25

Well it acted up again and didn't fix the issue sooo i took it back to them on Friday and was extremely irate about the issue! So i told them i am tired of it and it took me like 3 and half hours to get it closed and luckly it was right before it started pouring! But i did manage to get it close and i proved to them the recall and all the paper work that i had on the issue, they ended up ordering me a brand new sunroof and wind shield! So i have to wait until the parts come in next week then i take my car down and get a loaner car for a couple days until its fixed, and i don't have to pay anything so i guess this will fix the issue! : ) i hope!

45

well now this happened to me i used lithium grease works fine now

25

yeah they tried that and realigned it and nothing worked because it kept doing it again, so i don't know.. the last resort was to order me an entire sunroof and fix it that way...

45

wow that sucks but i guess u do what u gota do

25

Yeah i can't complain tho.. its like 2700 dollars but its still under warranty so i don't have to pay for anything..

45

yeaa i deff c why id take new

35

Ya mine stop's at the first opening setting and I have to tap it until it's closed...could have been from doing 127 with the sunroof all the way open lol.

45

lithium grease

25

Well a week before I was suppose to get my sunroof replaced I totaled my tC :( so I didn't get a new sunroof and I no longer have my tC! :(

I have a quick question I own a 07 tc and my soonroof stopped working think is on the driver side it's completely closed but on the passenger side its opened

Why is there 2 different moonroof on the same year of the scion 2016? I checked out some scion 2016 and 1 had a sunroof and the other had 2.