fuel gage broken

Asked by Jul 17, 2013 at 11:08 PM about the 2002 Saturn VUE Base

my fuel gage is broken so everytime I fill up I set the miles to 0.  The car is a 2002 4 cyl automatic Satur Vue.  How many miles can I go on a tank of gas?

did we even look at the fuses yet? a lot depends on your drive...20 mpg is what I'm supposed to get with my 1.6 liter mini engine but usually is less than ten because I do a lot of cold engine short trips...so best to put 7 gallons in drive for seventy miles and fill again~ I can investigate your malfunction by studying your schematic and advising on where we are going to take this problem...if you are okay with it NOT working will leave it alone...if you'd like the ole' judge to keep helping you, I love a puzzle~

242,475

15.5gallon total. But I'm with the Judge, why play around calculating it instead of fixing the guage?

Hey, I found the resistance in OHMs if you want to play electrical chimp for a while and take your multi-tester, set it to ohms and test your sender and receiver...it is data and may help us...sorry no cartoons..not this time~

perhaps the fuel gauge (needs regulated power) is piggy-backed to something else that needs regulated power---have to study this one~

thinkin the ETC 15 amper~ either this diagram is completely full-0-crap and have posted the wrong one, this is as far as this fun buggy is going to carry us at this juncture...nice giving it the old College try, tho took Film in College, my Bolex was stolen and dropped out...digital soon replaced FILM anyways~there is ONLY so much information out there from the WWW~