Saturn Vue Driveshaft Issues?

Asked by Jun 20, 2015 at 01:04 PM about the 2004 Saturn VUE V6 AWD

The other day my car suddenly halted to a stop while driving around 30mph.. I was
unsure what caused it at first and after getting it home around the block I climbed under
it and found that the Driveshaft was very messed up. The front joint's rubber sleeve was
all twisted up and the hanger joint before the rear differential was snapped down and no
longer hanging the shaft whatsoever. So I've found the problem, what I'd like to know is
how much repair do I actually need? What tests can I perform to find out exactly what
parts are bad and which are salvageable? I'm thinking I MAY be able to get away with
just the hanger joint but the front "twist" scares me. Any ideas are appreciated.

Original pic is the rear hanger assembly popped out of place... this picture is the front joint.

745

Probably just try replacing that bad joint andthe twist up front is probably because the joint popped out and rotated, so just pop it out and re-rotate it when you put it back in. Hopefully you don't have a read drive module issue. If it ends up you do, and money is tight, you might just want to de-AWD the car. Your AWD system is all mechanical so you could pretty easily remove all the parts and just be FWD only.