puddles of water on driver and passenger side floor boards with running of a/c. why?

Asked by Jun 20, 2013 at 03:22 PM about the 2004 Saturn L300 2 Sedan

door weatherstrip seal...tryin' to hunt one down for ya~

rockauto.com...go through the menus...they are cheapest~

25

your AC is plugged. This happens to us about once every year if we forget to clean it out. if you still don't have it fixed, write back lookingatland@gmail.com

under the dash find the lowest point under your evaporator will be a hose leading out of the vehicle past the bulkhead...blast this one with a pin blaster~

I have a 2007 aura that was told need a new struts and a new tire but there is still a loud in the car , Soud like getting a noise coming from the front passenger. Soud like getting a flat even after that work was done what else can it be., running out of patients and money

25

It could be the constant velocity bell joint (CVB joint). Don't delay in getting this checked as it's VERY important. You may also have tie rods or lower control arm problems. This will make a crunchy, thumping and even a bumpy feeling that may be felt in the sterring wheel when you are stopping. Vibration/popping noise when turning right from steering column can be intermediate steering shaft or CVB. May be able to get fixed per service bulletin that dealer may have, check it out. Could be but not likely, brake rotor out of lever, caliper jamming, or brake pad damaged but this should have been spotted with your last service work. Of course the new strut might be trashed. I had a horrible knock several years back and it drove me nuts. One day I installed new shocks only to find out the internal shaft was broken, the noise stopped and I actually missed it. That's what hits me right off. Write back with more info if none of this works, I'll try the real question and answer manual.

I was having the same problem - the fix is super easy. There is an L-shaped rubber drain hose on the bulkhead (metal wall between the car's interior and the engine). The drain hose is on the engine side, in the middle near of the bulkhead (firewall) at the bottom. Simply squeeze the end of it and the 'gunk' clogging the drain should crumble and fall out, clearing your drain. You'll know right away if you got it since water will start pouring out.