THE LIGHT ON MY TC BUTTON WONT GO OFF UNLESS I PUSH IT BUT WHEN I TURN THE CAR OFF AND TURN IT BACK ON IT COMES BACK ON?

Asked by May 15, 2013 at 11:17 AM about the 2004 Saturn L300 1 Sedan

IS THIS A MAJOR PROBLEM? ITS RIGHT NEXT TO THE EMERGENCY BUTTON AND THE LIGHT NEVER GOES OFF UNLESS I PUSH IT

What is wrong with having traction control? could save your neck in an emergency...you'll have 'one up' on motorists who don't have it.

buy a car that does not have traction control to solve this problem~

Satyrn is not being made anymore anyways....nice you can still get parts~

recommend a Toyota or Honda~....personally I drive a MINI~

385

The light on the button is supposed to be lit during normal driving- this indicates that the TC system is on. I just looked through the owners manual for that year and model of car, and it looks like there should also be a light on your dash- it should flash when the traction control is working to stop wheel spin, and it should come and stay on when you turn the system off. Here's the source I pulled up if you need a manual for that car. http://www.saturn.com/owners/owner_resources/manuals.ht ml

When he pushes it, it also should have a message; either "Traction Control Off" or "Traction Control On"