I've been told by the GM dealer that they no longer make the cables that go from the battery to the engine compartment and they couldn't help me. I know the battery is in the trunk,so if I get the par

Asked by May 07, 2017 at 07:15 PM about the 2005 Saturn ION 2 Coupe

2005 Ion

Follow up....if I get the part, how does the cable run from trunk to engine compartment? Thanks

hi, whats wrong with the factory ones??? new ones are easy to make...ebay sells them...but whats wrong with yours..

Dealer told me the cable is the problem, car needs a jump if left alone for 48 hour. Mechanic told me they don't make them any more, but I suspect it means GM doesn't make them since they no longer make Saturns. Thanks

New battery and connections at battery,and new starter,all failed to resolve. Thanks

so then the problem is a draw ! never heard of replacing the battery cables...you need to find out witch system (fuse) is sucking of the battery...do you understand so far ?

So pull a fuse and wait to see if car is dead in 2 or 3 days? Makes sense, but could take 2 or 3 months to find the potential fuse problem. I think I'd pull half of the fuses and replace half of them just so it only 4-5 days. Fuses are cheap. Thanks.

Hi bkeat23, Did that work pulling fuses? I'm having same/similar problem

I read somewhere with Saturn or i suppose all Gm's if something electrical is damaged it can drain the battery, or parasitic draw can drain battery

Fuses out didn't exercise problem. Been starting and running fine. not convinced it won't be dead one morning and it's back to the drawing board.