Car Starting

Asked by Mar 02, 2010 at 03:40 PM about the 2006 Saturn ION 2 Auto

I have a SATURN ION 2006 2.2L AND SOMETIMES MY CAR WON'T START UNLESS I GET A JUMP. MY BATTERY IS STILL LIKE BRAND NEW. NO SERVICE LIGHT OR CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS DOESN'T TURN ON WHILE I AM DRIVING. WHAT CAN BE THE PROBLEM?

1,255

the problem its probably the battery. it does not matter that it looks new

145

I had to have my ignition module replaced this is common complaint - the GM dealer should have a report & remedy on this one

10

I have a saturn ion 2005 and had the same exact problem...eventually it wouldn't even start with a jump...I needed a new ignition switch works like new ever since!

15

I have a 04 manual transmision and I had all sorts of trouble starting it when it was cold out and took it into numerous shops about ten times, and they never fixed my problem. Finally I took it into my own hands. The trouble code was reading the camshaft sensor and my car does not even have one. So after further reaserch i found out it was the clutch sensor witch is a $5 dollar plastic piece that depresses when you push down the clutch. so after about $300 in repairs at numerous shops it all came down to a little tiny piece.

30

I am having the same problem I have a 2006 Saturn ion 2 that I have to keep getting jump off it is not my alternator or battery I got that check I did have a recall on my car for the ignition switch and I went and got that fix an am still having to get a jump. What else to do

10

I had a problem seemed to be in cold weather & it would mysteriously start later. Turned out it was the anti-theft system. According to the dealer, the grease used was sub-par but there were no recalls on it.