what is wrong with my car? please help me.

175

Asked by Mar 16, 2013 at 11:32 PM about the 1995 Ford Probe SE

I have a 95 ford probe se 4cl, that had a mass air flow senor problem. I brought one from autozone and had it
replaced. but car is still shutting off but starting right back up. aso had a diagnostic on it and the mass air flow
senor code came up so they repogrammed the car to it and it still shuts off in moving traffic. I need some car
information please help me

the mass aiflow is responsible for the operation of the EGR, which seems like is not operating correctly...this might come up in your trouble codes...do a diagnostic scan and tell us what it says please~

Best Answer Mark helpful
175

I had a dianostic scan 03/13/2013 and the only code that came up was the Mass air flow sensor but at first the mechanic told me that the scan was reading like i didnt have one in the car cause it was unplugged. but the car is still doing the same thing

109,115

Get the codes read and write down the number. Don't buy anything, that didn't work last time. Post the trouble code number along with a brief description and one of the smart young people that frequent the site will respond with deep and meaningful answers.

'smart. young people' LMAO good one ten~

175

Thank yall so very much. i will get that done again as soon as monday...but i just cant believe when it shut off it come right back on without any problems.

175

when i got the diagnostic done the guy told me that there was something broke. and that he fixed it. it was a valve. but at the same time it drove good for abut 5 min. after that it shaked, and shut off but started back up but the guy down at jackwilliams never chagred me a cent!

suppose slimfireandrea is one of these with deep and meaningful observation skills?

has to be!

175

lol. i wish i was. this is my first car :(

23,675

if it unplugs it will stall, make sure the plastic jack plug is clean and a snug fit to maf sensor , tape with electrical tape to hold it tight on if loose

615

My best friends late wife bought a new one in 95. In less than 6 months it was back at the dealers shop 4 times, and every time it was the OBD giving false info. After giving it back to the bank they found out that it had a ton of recalls on it. That was the only thing that saved there credit and allowed the to win there case in court and not have to pay for it.(eventually) I would 1st check with Ford on all possible recalls. Make sure they were addressed and go from there. There is a reason that the Probe was only made for a short time. They should have all been a stock color yellow only if you ask my friend Tom.

615

4 times to the "Ford Garage" would normally be pleanty of "Head" usage, one would think.

175

car is getting wrost, now it shuts off even more, when it shuts off the steering wheel and brakes lock.

545

make sure everything is clean and all the connections and seals are good because if air is leaking in somewhere it will cause all kinds of random trouble and as far as the wheels and breaks locking up that should be somewhat normal when the engine shuts off it stops turning the power steering pump

175

Thank you. m just scared to drive it to the shop. I was thinking of selling it but i dont want ot give up on it so fast

23,675

make sure oil is up to line.key is clean if a chip security key is needed wiggle wires while idleing for quit,,,drive it near home to check,dont run over the dog,