1992 saab 900s gear oil drain plug

Asked by Jan 13, 2008 at 10:55 PM about the 1992 Saab 900 4 Dr S Sedan

I have looked and looked where is the gear oil drain plug. I thought I had found it but it was the engine oil plug.

i have worked on 1 of these cars local doctor,if i rember right the oil drain plug is right beside gear oil plug.i rember this because we had to refill gear box plus the oil change.

thanks I'll check. I'm changing it because I can't get it to even try to go into 3rd gear and the dealership mechanic told me to change the gear oil. It makes no sense to me but it can't hurt to change the oil it sat for 2 years and i don't know when then last time it was changed

i dont think changing gear oil will solve the problem could be a bad gear or sinc. also check to make sure shifting rods not bent i also belive this is hydrolc clutch,make sure the clutch cylender is full under hood mounted on firewall.fill with dot3 break fluid.

I do not believe there is a drain for the standard trans. If it really needs to be drained, some "quick lubes" can pump it out and replace it. Was the car running when you tried to get it in third?

5

if you look under the car there are 2 drain screws the one farthest back usually hidden by scratch plate has a whole in gurad to access the screw, usually its an inset torgue bit screw, but yes the manual as well as the auto have this gear box drain plug, its right by the oil drain.