my 95 conv saab is stuck on reverse! wont budge.any tips?

10

Asked by Oct 27, 2013 at 02:53 PM about the 1995 Saab 900 2 Dr S Convertible

tried to jiggle key and ignition,cannot get it to turn on.

yes...disassemble the center console to see that a piece of linkage has come off of the shifter assembly~ maybe to order a new one if it is worn beyond reconciliation~

I think this system has a "turnbuckle" to precisely set the engagement points...there are lovely illustrations....see if I can find one of those for you...I'd look back 'pon my own records....but the internet is much better at keepin' records than I~

http://www.justanswer.com/saab/77r70-saab-900t-convertible-hi-i-1995- saab-900t.html

10

thks! but can it be stuck or lock on reverse somehow?

the assembly (in isometric)~

not quite sure how this works...says what is goin on in that silly justanswer~...in my experience the transmission mount can affect the accuracy of the shifter...take a look at your transmission mounts...put a floorjack and woodblock under and jack it up to find splitting...shot construction...should be stickin to it not separating~

you might just look at the link that engages reverse and see if you can affect some movement (not with a slide-hammer) but with a small pliers...push and pull it to see if it's jammed one way or the other...try to get it into 'home position, then see if the shifter will move....obviously we cannot have reverse engaged when trying to move forward~ sure this mechanical interlock is what's preventing this from happening...examine the movement of REVERSE and affect whatever motions are necessary to get it "unstuck"~