What could be wrong if my radio/CD/tape system won't work?

Asked by May 07, 2008 at 12:10 PM about the 1996 Saab 900 4 Dr SE Turbo Hatchback

It was working last week and then my battery died on my car, ever since the battery died the sound system won't work and I hear this buzzing sound coming from that general area. The buzzing sound will go on and off, and the whole section will be turned off and it will still be on, so I am not sure if there is a short in the wires having to do with the radio system or not.

275

It sounds like you have a faulty ground wire for your radio.

25

oh all you need to do is check your radio fuse inside the car, that normally shorts out when dealind with the bat or lose radio wires.

45

Did you jump start the car which caused the radio to fry? or Maybe the fuse has gone in the passenger compartment fusebox? Hope it the latter!

35

if you disconnected the power to the radio you might just need to key in the security code for your radio it's a four digit code that you hopefully wrote down and saved somewhere like your manual or something