Car stalls with clutch in and in gear at idle

Asked by Jun 30, 2012 at 09:51 PM about the 1990 Porsche 928 Hatchback

The car stalls, but only in specific instances:

- When I'm coming to a stop, I push in the clutch and keep the car in gear while coming to a stop - the rpm's dip
WAY down; sometimes the car stalls, sometimes it catches itself.

- When I'm stopped or moving very slowly, if I push in the clutch, put the car in first gear and rev the engine up to
4,000rpm, then let off the gas completely, this always has the rpm's dip way too low, almost stalling or stalling
completely.

Any idea what it could be?  The porsche dealership I took it to charged me $4,000 to replace some parts,
swearing the problem was fixed, and the same day I drove it off, the problem cropped up again.  I'm totally sick
of those lying cheating assholes

20,005

If it only stalls while in gear then it sounds like the clutch isnt fully disengaging. If you can adjust your pedal to allow for more travel downward it may help. Example; have it engage closer to the top

Ah, my apologies, I meant that it stalls when the car is in gear and the clutch is pushed in, at the same time, while revving the engine and letting off the gas pedal.

20,005

If it wont stall in nuetral then your clutch isnt disengageing all the way. If it stalls regaurdless of gear then u have an idle air issue. Im thinking its the first.

5

it sounds like an idle sensor