my 1995 escort wgn last nite the light were dim and the battery light on the dash was on I jump the battery lights are radio on but the car will not start. Yesterday also a new ac relay was installed

Asked by Jun 30, 2013 at 08:03 AM about the 1995 Ford Escort 4 Dr LX Wagon

a new ac relay was install would this have anything to do with the car not starting the ac
is blowing  it is not cold but blowing

109,945

Sounds like your alternator has gone bad and now your battery is dead. To check charge battery and it should crank. With it running check voltage coming from the alternator to the battery. You should have around 14.5 volts coming from alternator if it is good. If you don't have that then replace alternator.

109,945

Also if you have been doing any work with the a/c check to see that you have proper belt tension. A loose alternator belt could also cause this issue.

Especially if you hear a squeal. The '95's had serpentine belts, this is a '94 Escort Hatchback ....you get a real good full screen picture if you click that

109,945

Dang David you post and delete almost as fast as the judge. I thought my iPad was acting up there for a minute. Lol

I left stuff out and was trying to get it right...no, it's me allright, I just never get across what I wanted to the first time..or 10th...make myself nuttier that I am, if that is possible.

THAT picture was taken from RIGHT HERE on Car Gurus, and they deleted it.

I'm putting it back up. I do not understand why they would remove a picture take from their own site. and for 'inappropriate language" at that