Cooling fan stopped working again?

175

Asked by Aug 27, 2014 at 03:32 PM about the 1995 Ford Escort 2 Dr LX Hatchback

Okay my cooling fan wouldn't work
then me and my dad replaced the
fuse, the motor on the fan was good,
and the new fuse didn't fix the
problem. Okay so then we looked at
all the wires for it, their all fine. And
then, we replaced the cooling sensor,
didn't fix it. THEN we replaced the
connector for that sensor and I swear
that thing blew like a champ. Then it
worked for the next few days I drove
to school and around, then my
engine got hot , and it WASNT
WORKING. The fan stopped working
again. What could it be now? I need
to know and ALSO the tank of the
coolant that it flows into, the coolant
inside it is just bubbling and when I
shut the car off you can just hear it
gurgle. Help me please.

148,425

The bubbling will stop when you fix the overheating problem. But does it still overheat at 60 mph? After say, 10-15 minutes of going fast, 55-65, if it still overheats the problem is not the fan The sensor connector you replaced to regulate the fan, may not be sending the right data to the ECU and fan relay because if coolant is low the sensor may be in an air pocket

148,425

Afterthought....I don't know how far your commute to school is, but do not allow the car to heat up again. Until it's fixed even if you have to leave early enough to stop and let it cool. Carry a jug of water, and a spray bottle and spray the radiator while from outside while engine is running. Keep driving it like that and kiss your head gasket bye-bye The coolant inside the radiator won't boil because it's under pressure..at least supposed to be, and boils in the overflow tank when cap releases excess pressure

175

But the coolant level is fine and I'm not going to drive it until it is fixed. So I really reall need help with this I'm in huge need of a car. It bubbles after I literally have the car on for 15 seconds!

148,425

Ok Luke what I am thinking now is bad news. The bubbling that fast, there is no way the engine could be even close to warm in 15 seconds. So Something is pumping air in to your cooling system, the gurgling sound is the cap releasing the pressure in to the tank....and since it got hot, it may be the dreaded head gasket. The piston(s) on compression stroke, when both valves are closed, is forcing air, under pressure in to a water jacket therefore pressurizing the cooling system and the cap releasing it. Sorry guy for thinking bad thoughts but 15 seconds? I know of nothing else that will pressurize the system that fast, certainly not heat. You may or may not have coolant in the oil. The blown part of the gasket may be only between the combustion chamber and water jacket. I will ask some buddies to have a look at our thread and see what they think. Meantime check you oil and see if it looks OK, or if it is brown... sorta light chocolate color, with evidence of water/coolant on dipstick such as a white emulsion, then we know for sure.

61,175

Luke,just to humor me,take a wiff of your radiator coolant,doe,s if have a gassy smell?A blowed intake gasket will push pressure and fuel threw your radiator,15 second,s and biuld,s pressure is defenatly a blowed gasket.

61,175

But i all so have to ask,is there a thermostat in it,cause if it pushe,s out this fast,there cant be,it take,s longer than 15 second,s to open theromostat.

148,425

Thanks for the back-up pal. I hated to have to tell him that without an expert seeing this

148,425

Couldn't the pressure go in from the bottom hose?

61,175

It could,but i would think it would take more than 15 second,s to biuld that kind of pressure.

175

Thanks guys for the help but I don't see how the head gasket could pressure it that fast. I'm just selling the car it's too much hastle. Thanks anyways I just can't find the problem and neither a mechanic. And now I actually have to sell it cheap because no ones going to buy it.

60,875

Do the cooling fans come on when you switch on the air conditioning? They should. If not it's going to be a bad relay, wiring, or fan assembly. Is your cooling system full? If it overheats at idle or slow speeds it's an airflow problem. If it overheats at highway speeds it's a coolant circulation problem. It could also, remotely, be a stretched timing belt causing your valve timing to be retarded (late). HTH. -Jim