How do you change the tire on a 1990 pONTIAC 6000 SE How do I change a tire, Without the Locking hubcap Device which is missing?

Asked by Jul 20, 2012 at 09:36 AM about the 1990 Pontiac 6000 4 Dr SE Sedan

Need the Locking Hub CAP dEVICE OR IS THERE ANOTHER WAY?

12,035

If your sure that you don't have the key you'll have to get creative. A few different things that work; welding an adapter to the nut, cutting down the middle of the bolt to split the nut ( you have to replace the stud) or try to grind some flats on the locking nut. On some of these you might scratch the wheel a little. If you are not at all sure what to do just take it to a Pomps store.

25

Most shops have a universal set of lock removers, if you do not have the correct one, once it is removed you can get e new one with the correct key.

12,035

Yep Pomps has them.

just stick a small - medium size flat screw driver in it on one side wherever the screwdriver grabs & turn counter clockwise, i openned dozens like that .