new fule pump power pack for spark starts runs great drive for 30 minn. come to stop car dies put in park starts put in drive car dies cool down starts moves what is wrong

Asked by Sep 24, 2013 at 12:15 AM about the 1990 Pontiac 6000 4 Dr LE Sedan

GET a NEW battery as batteries will be NO good after five years and start playing hell with the alternator....wirebrush the end of the black cable and the chassis ground where it connects~ proper voltage and amperage will be restored and the ECU will have a chance to get it right~ fuel pumps do not die a little at a time...but dodgey GROUNDING does cause this to appear~ this most important of GROUND points services the ignition, fuel system and all instruments and get 'er clean~!

new battery new alt new fuel filter

yes but to get that potential through to the fuel NEEDs the black wire...ALL gotta have the black wire~ Point 0/0 is THE most important point on the schematic~

wirebrush the chassis or one of those small spinny wire wheels on your get an uninterrupted connection to the main 1/0 cable lug~ (also wirebrushed clean)-....yes~

trans ,module? trany lock when comming to stop kills motor did clean connections.