i have a 91 sunbird 2.0l ,car starts with ether and stays running ,shut off wont start

Asked by Jan 15, 2017 at 12:42 PM about the 1991 Pontiac Sunbird 2 Dr LE Coupe

grounded dt port fan comes on got 34 code(map sensor) ,changed map and coolant sensor no change put noid light on no pulse when cranking,any ideas would be great

7,485

Without the injector pulse I don't think anything will happen. The pulse probably comes from computer I'm not sure ,ignition modulator ? ?, look on u-tube there are many useful car repair vids.

thanks ,appreciate your time

Stupid question, but did you check all the injector plugs? No pulse from any then I would suspect the ECM. My service manual for my 94 2.0L says the ac low press sensor can read too low (out of range) and cause a no start signal. Says unplug sensor and try starting. If starts replace it. Also says same thing about the MAP sensor but you have replaced it already.

There is a fuse for the ECM. If your check engine light stays illuminated when you turn key to ON and leave it there its most likely good. There is a 50psi fuel requirement for the injectors to work. Once started the fuel regulator reduces that to 7-8 psi. But it must produce (47psi, I think) to get the injectors to open. Hope this helps