I HAVE A 95 FORD CONTOUR LX V6 , I HOSED THE ENGINE DOWN A WEEK AGO , RAN FINE FOR ABOUT A HALF A DAY . THEN CR, TOOK IT TO A MECHANIC AND HE SAID IT WOULD COST 650 BUCKS FOR A WHOLE WIRE HARNESS.

Asked by Aug 22, 2014 at 08:40 AM about the 1995 Ford Contour 4 Dr LX Sedan

I HAVE A 95 FORD CONTOUR LX V6 ,  I HOSED THE ENGINE DOWN A WEEK AGO , RAN FINE FOR ABOUT A HALF A DAY . THEN CRANKS OVER , SOME TIMES WANT TO START BUT NOW NOTHIN. TOOK IT TO A MECHANIC AND HE SAID IT WOULD COST 650 BUCKS FOR A WHOLE WIRE HARNESS. THE WIRES ARE ALL BARE . I MESSED WITH THE WIRES ALITTLE . BUT STILL NOTHIN .. ANY IDEAS .

36,005

I hate to say it BUT its now a 20 year old car. It may just be time to say goodbye.

your right , but i just bought it and im low income , so i lost alot of money ,,

36,005

Ouch! I have an idea. Is there a technical school near you? For short money maybe you can get them to do the job. Win win.

thanks .. i give them a call.