why won't it start

Asked by Jul 14, 2014 at 06:06 PM about the 1991 Pontiac Firebird Base

I have a 1991 manual transmission Pontiac Firebird with 3.1L V6 MPI engine. My dad
haven't use it in year so I decided to use it, I can get it to turn over but can't get it to
start. I took out the old gas and put in new gas, I check the spark plugs, replace the
battery then I try starting it but pink smoke started coming out from the computer and
one of fuel injectors started smoking so i replace both of them and it still won't start
please help

4,575

Sounds like the ECM might have accumulated moisture from sitting. It might be okay. Do the basics: check for spark at every cylinder while cranking the engine. If you have spark, spray some starting fluid into the throttle body. If you get some reaction but the engine still won't run, you'll need to dig deeper: ECM, throttle position sensor, flywheel sensor, any number of things, all of them will show up on the OBD.