I have a stock 91Firebird with a 305, I'm looking to add 100-130 horsepower. What is the quickest and most inexpensive way to do this?

Asked by Oct 13, 2013 at 07:40 PM about the 1991 Pontiac Firebird Base

15

Cold air intake.

Really, that's it? A cold air intake will add that much hrsepwr?

3,855

a cold air intake might add 20hp if you are lucky. to add that much power you would need to do major work, and it will be hard to do on a 305. easiest way is start with a 350.

4,705

Cold Air Intake might add 20 as "madmopar" said. Another 30-50 or so could be added by modifying the exhaust system and instslling different headers. After that you might alter your fuel delivery (I am assuming you have a throttle body car) to a direct injection system, upgrade your ignition system and do a little re-programming of the electronics to improve the "tune" from the stock settings. All of this combined might get you in the 100 HP range but its not cheap. After these things you would need to get into engine internals. As "madmopar" said, you may as well go for a new power plant if you realy want to boost the power.