91 firebird

Asked by May 23, 2012 at 04:07 PM about the 1991 Pontiac Firebird Base

can a 91 firebird front end be used as a subframe for a 46 chevy.

615

I have a feeling you are going into uncharted territory without further details and even then I have a feeling there will be LOTS of fabrications and modifications. 1 What type of 46 chevy? 2 what is the abilities of the person doing this? 3 are you looking for bolt and go? 4 what kind of power is going into the 46 chevy? 5 rod or racer? 6 will the firebird support the added weight of the older car?

46 chevy business coup. 305 or 350 350 trans or 700r. have built 3 other rods used mustang ii subframes on them. I have a 91 firebird doner car.

615

I don't see why it wouldn't IF your fabrication skills are up to par, which they sound as though they are. The old saying Anything can be made to fit. Its a question of weather it is affordable, or if you have the skills. Weight-wise, I would think you may have to modify the firebird suspension a bit, to your liking because the 46 chevy is likely to be heavier.

Thank you very much. Alexander