My car starts perfectly nd drive good as well but sometime it shuts off I don't kno the problem but I did notice b4 it happens all my gauges move back lIke it's losing power

Asked by Mar 27, 2015 at 07:21 PM about the 1991 Pontiac Bonneville 4 Dr LE Sedan

555

Could be as little as a loose battery terminal could be the power wire that runs down to the starter loosing connection at the starter. Could be the ignition switch. Have the charging system and the battery checked out make sure the wires on the starter are tight then go from there.

Crank sensor is bad. Its located behind the harmonic balancer . The symptoms should be from the tach going to 0 to car shutting off.