Car turns over won't start,no fire

Asked by Nov 30, 2016 at 10:52 PM about the 1992 Pontiac Sunbird 4 Dr SE Sedan

92 sunbird changed coil can't get a crankshaft
position sensor, do u think the 45 min ( anti theft)
thing Jon talked about might work

78,065

No. That procedure is for a very specific set of circumstances. Try rockauto.com or your local NAPA for the crankshaft sensor. I work for NAPA and we usually have pretty good luck getting stuff for older models. HTH. -Jim

If you still need help with crank sensor, I have your exact car myself and had to replace. I purchased a 1994 sunbird 2.0l crank sensor, and extended each of the 3 wires with 3' of wire so cable could reach. I routed wires around the edges of engine compartment to keep away from harness and electrical interference. thing to know about crank sensors, they generally come in two shapes, mostly. 1.5-2 inches long and about 3/8 inch diameter or its about 1 inch long and about 3/4 inch diameter. They are either 2 or 3 wire. So if you cant find your particular crank sensor, one of same shape size and # of wires from your same manufacturer different model will work. They all work the same. At least thats what I did. Works great!

you can use a 93 or 94 sunbird crank sensor. it will work, I did it with 94. just had to extend the wires