1992 Sunbird - No gauges except for tachometer work. Replaceable?

Asked by Nov 06, 2014 at 09:53 PM about the 1992 Pontiac Sunbird 4 Dr LE Sedan

I have a 1992 Sunbird. None of the gauges except for the tachometer work. The gas
gauge will go to about half empty, but that usually means I'm running on fumes. I've taken  
it to a shop, and they said there's nothing that can be done. However, I'm looking for a
second opinion. Any ideas?

70

Is it only the fuel gauge? You have to figure out if it is the gauge or the sending unit that is faulty. One of them isn't working properly. You can fix the sending unit but not the gauge, probably discontinued.

70

If all the gauges are not working, most likely the instrument cluster circuit board /ribbon board is faulty and would have to find a used cluster.