How do I remove/replace AC belt 1992 Sunbird 2.0L LE

Asked by Jan 21, 2014 at 07:32 PM about the 1992 Pontiac Sunbird 4 Dr LE Sedan

Where is the adjustment bolt to loosen this off/on?

There are 2- 15 MM bolts on the small idler pulley. Its between the crankshaft & A/C pulley crankshaft. The one bolt on top of this pulley is a long one, 2" or so loosen this right off enough to allow the pulley to lower when you loosen the bolt on the face of the pulley.. When you replace the belt make sure the bolt hole is aligned with the long bolt. I used small screwdriver to align the bolt hole with the long bolt, Tighten by hand then wrench it. I got tired of waiting for an answer so I did it without instructions. Not hard.!!!!

Second thought,................you may not need to remove the 2"bolt completely. Leave enough meat on it to keep it connected. Then loosen front bolt on pulley.