My 1992 Sunbird 3.1L is not getting power to the injectors. What causes this to happen?

50

Asked by Nov 23, 2013 at 02:56 PM about the 1992 Pontiac Sunbird 2 Dr SE Convertible

Just did a complete engine swap. New plugs, tps, timing components, cps, wires, water pump, new injectors, and hoses. I get spark to the plugs, fuel pressure is where it call to be at. Engine will run with starting fluid shot into the chambers. I am at a loss. Any suggestions?

The air intake temp sensor is sending bad signals~ https://www.google.com/#q=1992+Pontiac+Sunbird+Air+intake+temp+senso r&tbm=shop

also the block temperature sensor is the key to getting the recipe right~ https://www.google.com/#q=1992+sunbird+3.1l+block+temp+sensor&tbm=s hop

50

Bought these and installed them both. I still can crank the engine, but the injectors are still not pulsating fuel.

50

Could it be a bad Ignition Control Module? or is there some kind of VATS system on this car?

50

after checking all wires, vacuum lines, replacing most sensors with new, replacing computer. I talked to a friend's friend and he said that the ignition control module was bad. Changed it out and started right up. Information being sent out and to thank all for your knowledge.