Trouble shooting help required...fuel related

15

Asked by Feb 05, 2011 at 01:06 PM about the 1992 Pontiac Sunbird 2 Dr SE Convertible

Ok, here's the skinny...1992 Pontiac Sunbird 3.1 V6 MPFI

Replaced both heads recently, from previous posts had problems, that were resolved with the discovery of Vacuum leaks.

Car has been awesome since, lots of power, proper shifting points, just generally perfect.

Then...

Cruis'n down the road, people messing with my road space, stomp on the throttle to get the hell outta the pack,

And,

tranny shifts down, car screams with acceleration, then all of a sudden seems like it is missing.

Checked out spark plugs when I got it home, everything ok there.

Check engine codes shows Code 33, had the same code previously that led me to inspect vacuum lines initially, not sure now if code is relating to new problem or it did not clear from last read.

Sooooo, I need to know now what it could possibly be, I am pretty sure that it is fuel related or fuel sensors related.

What could have resulted from mashing down on the accelerator that hard to a WOT???

PS: on the trip home when tranny shifted to a lower gear, the missing got worse.

25

Have you tried opening your fuel cap? I've heard if these aren't sealed tight it can cause codes to go haywire.