I have a 92 firebird 3.1 and I was wondering if there is anything i can do so that no hot air comes in thought the floor.

25

Asked by Nov 08, 2014 at 07:51 PM about the 1992 Pontiac Firebird Base

23,220

Are the floorboards rusted out?

25

No sorry it doesn't come through the floor exactly it come out of the vents by the floor when I am driving its hot air I know some cars that you can push a button to stop that I was wondering if you can do that to this one as well

23,220

Ahh ok. The button you're talking about went away from cars n trucks in the 1980's. Your car has a blend door that is vacuum or electronically controlled. Most likely the door motor is wore out or broken. If it's vacuum controlled the line(s) could be broke or just not holding vacuum anymore. It's located behind the "glove box" near the blower motor and firewall.

25

Oh OK I would have to access it through the inside right take off the cover the cover the heater core correct

23,220

Yes from the inside the car. If Im not mistaken ýour car doesn't have an actual glove box. It has like a pocket. Its behind that. Go under the dash there.