I have a 92 Pontiac firebird 3.1 over heating

Asked by Jul 18, 2013 at 04:05 AM about the 1992 Pontiac Firebird Base

My firebird only over heats when
the a/c is on I changed the water
pump and thermostat already so
idk what could it be the fan is
always on but that's because they
put it direct

I recommend getting the fan fixed so it does not run all the time. It is simply not needed at speeds of 30, 40mph or more and will burn out far sooner than is should. It was probably wired direct to be an 'easy' fix. but it's not a fix. But that has nothing to do with overheating. A 1992 may need a new radiator or a good acid bath and flush at a radiator shop, which are becoming more and more difficult to find, the shops that is, in these disposable 'throw away buy another one' mind set we have now. It's 22 years old..and very well could have clogged passages. You did all the right things so far.