PROBLEMS WITH STARTING AT VARIOUS TIME

5

Asked by Aug 07, 2007 at 06:19 PM about the 1992 Pontiac Firebird Base

ON VARIOUS TIMES THE  VEHICLE DOES NOT START IMMEDIATELY. STATED BELOW ARE VARIOUS INCIDENTS:

I INSERT THE KEY W/COMPUTER CHIP IN THE IGNITION AND TRY TO START THE VEHICLE AND NOTHING HAPPENS. I WAIT FIVE MINUTES AND TRY AGAIN AND IT STARTS.

I INSERT THE KEY W/COMPUTER CHIP IN THE IGNITION AND TRY TO START THE VEHICLE AND IT ACTS LIKE IT WANTS TO TURN OVER BUT IT DOES NOT IT TURN OVER. I WAIT FIVE MINUTES AND TRY AGAIN AND IT STARTS.

I HAVE REPLACED THE STARTER, BATTERY, IGNITION SWITCH, CHECK THAT THE COMPUTER CHIP IS NOT CRACKED OR DAMAGE. I CANNOT DETERMINE THE PROBLEM.
THIS CAN HAPPEN WHEN I FIRST START THE VEHICLE OR ANYTIME AFTER THE FIRST START.

PLEASE HELP ME SOLVE THIS PROBLEM . THANKS-

40,285

Sounds perhaps like a fuel pump relay is bad. It is resetting after the 5-minute time period and allowing you to attempt to start the vehicle again. It cranks, but does not run, is that what you mean by "nothing happens?"