Rear Fluid on Rims

155

Asked by Nov 15, 2014 at 05:34 PM about the 1995 Ford Bronco XLT 4WD

I have my brakes that are squealing or scratching with you press hard. Then I noticed the
that on the passenger side Rim there was something on the rims. I'm guessing brake fluid
or something. I did look at the flood under the hood its still full, so would it be the rear end.

19,620

It could be either one of the fluids. Have it looked at by a REPUTABLE mechanic ASAP.

Best Answer
97,065

TransAm is right, the fluid could be gear lube from the rear end that has soaked the brake shoes, but it could also be brake fluid from a bad brake cylinder which will also soak the brake shoes.