What should I do to improve performance and overall longevity

Asked by Oct 25, 2014 at 12:26 AM about the 1995 Ford Bronco XLT 4WD

I just bought a 1995 bronco xlt 4x4 with 351 windsor. When I start the truck, it just doesnt
sound like it wants to start. It does start, but it sounds tired. what can I do to improve this

Give it a tune up. Cap, rotor, plugs, plug, wires, air filter, crankcase filter, PCV valve and change the oil. Check the battery acid levels it has pop top covers. Load test the battery. Chech the alternator for proper voltage output. Have the starter tested to make sure its ok. Check ALL wires and connections from the battery, alternator, starter and fuse box. Make sure they're tight, clean and have no corrosion on them.

If it has pop top covers. Sorry

TransAm77 is right, especially about the wiring, my EB Bronco was always loosing grounds, tail lights, headlights, engine grounds and the starter is a joke, I finally had one custom built at a local starter shop and it was still working when I sold it. Oil pumps are another concern, it would work great cold but when it warmed up the bypass valve relieve too much pressure, replaced the pump and that cured that. As far as performance, I'd get a reprogramming device for the ECM, put a catback exhaust system on it and a cold air package. Thats about it unless you want to dive into the engine.

hey thanks guys. these are things i'll need to do before winter hits

also, the steering feels loose, makes a whining noise when im turning. what can i do to fix this

Noise - check your power steering fluid level. As far as loose check your tie rod ends(inner and outer), idler and pitman arms and drag link.