I got a 93 formula I put a new fuel pump in it an a new opti spark I'm getting fuel an spark in will run for a second an cut off it Wil run as long I keep spraying starting fuel as soon as I stop it s

Asked by Dec 11, 2015 at 11:52 AM about the 1993 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Kfb64, Need to know engine size, and is fuel pump electric or mechanical ? e mail me at innovativeconceptsintl@aol.com ATT: Santos or contact me at (602) 367-9046

Lt1

It has electric fuel pump an it's a lt1 5.7

is any part of your fuel line neoprene ? If yes, sometimes higher fuel pressure will collapse the neoprene hose and you will not get fuel to the carb. check this and let me know.

It's fuel injected

Check Crankshaft position sensor, also oil pressure Guage wire loom , if the wires are damaged in anyway this will cut off the fuel. let me know

The Rpm stop working an it don't have crank sensor

1,445

Yeah it probably does have a crank position sensor double check that go to the library if you don't have the manual and look it up its probably on the back of the engine or in the front of the engine I'm not sure and if that's not the problem it could be the throttle position sensor although I think it's more like the crank position sensor to be honest with you because you would have a running condition if the throttle sensor was bad usually but I think its a crankshaft position sensor and I'm sure it's on there just try to find it.