i cant find out the name for the part where my steering wheel tilts in my firebird. its a 93 with base trim if that helps anyone know?

Asked by Jul 16, 2011 at 10:41 PM about the 1993 Pontiac Firebird Base

40

I'm thinking it's called a 'ratchet lock'. I'm not sure about that, but I know that tilt steering wheels have one and it is the part that is disengaged in order for the wheel to tilt.

Thanx neese I haven't been on in a while but I ended up swapping out my steering column now I have to take it to the dealership n have it reprogrammed to the new column I have been so busy rebuilding it that I have been putting it off but I am going either tomorrow or Thursday and having it reset she's almost where I really want her, mechanically I mean. Next is the body work and aftermarket spending spree I can't wait to have her fully finished so that I can take her to shows which is what my origiinal intent was in the first place.