My 93 Bonneville shudders as I turn corners....and this morning as I wasin the turning lane going right at about 40 mph it shuddered and cut off.....it cranked back up again and I made it to work.

20

Asked by Dec 10, 2013 at 05:56 PM about the 1993 Pontiac Bonneville 4 Dr SE Sedan

It did it again on the way home but did not cut off, but shuddered as if it would.

The good news Meshia is that you indeed make it to work. The bad news is that a 1993 does not have OBDII, the newer version of OBD or On Board Diagnostics, not available until 1996. Okay, we can work from there. You have a 1993 Pontiac Bonneville that GM set up for flash/pattern codes from the CEL (Check Engine Light) that actually is pretty good at diagnostics, not on the level off a 1996 or newer with OBDII but at least it's something to work with. Do you want to retrieve the fault codes yourself? If so, ok can do. But it's a long exploitation way too long to write out here unless you really want to leRN

sorry not exploitation..explanation..geez I'm not in to exploitation

20

Um sure....I guess....I know it doesnt happen if I brake or come to a stop / stop sign and turn

Meshia let's go back a little bit. When you say 'shuddered' do you mean a shudder/vibration you can feel in the steering wheel, as if if feels like a front suspension or tire, brake, like you are driving on a really bumpy dirt road, and this happens only during turns but not when driving straight?... or do you mean the engine itself shudders as if it is not running right, misfire,. We may have more than one issue here. Thanks~~David

20

The car itself shudders like its going to cut off.....its an old car I know. Ive had the transmission replaced 1 year ago last January.And the intake valve (?) Replaced 2 mnths ago because my radiator was running hot.

4,585

Check the simple stuff. You have a rough-running engine. Turning and coming to a stop, or idling, are when this becomes apparent. When was the last time the car was tuned up? There are a few electronic components that can cause a rough idle. The Mass Air sensor, Crankshaft position sensor, many more can all cause this problem. If you are near Pep Boys, they will read the trouble code for you, for free, and explain what the problem is. Of course, they want to fix it also, but that's your decision. Good luck!

20

Thank you all for answering