WHER IS THE LOCATION FOR ADDING POWER STEERING FLUID ON A 1993 PONTIAC BONNEVILLE?

25

Asked by Jul 15, 2007 at 12:22 PM about the 1993 Pontiac Bonneville 4 Dr SE Sedan

I AM TRYING TO ADD POWER STEERING FLUID, AND I CAN'T FIND WHERE THE POWER STEERING FLUID SPOUT IS LOCATED.

44,575

The power steering fluid reservoir on tihs car is located at the rear of the engine on the passenger side near the firewall. It should be mounted high on the engine and will have a cap that may or may not show either a steering wheel or the words "Use Approved Fluid."

195

Like the other poster said, its near the firewall on the passenger side, but it is not high on the engine, it is behind and below the alternator. Its hard to see but if you look down behind the alternator towards the floor you will see it.

65

top left hand side of motor if your facing it rite beside the exaust youl have to feel around for it in stupid position, u also need long skinny funnel

15,335

I found it, facing the car, on the left side engine compartment, next to the firewall, near the oil pan. It is hard to see, hard to reach, and I used a short funnel and 1/2 pvc pipe to reach it. I also used my 15 year old grandson to do this. Best way. (long thin arms) and a joyful smile that he got to help grandpa.

50

I can't find the power steering reservoir on a 97 Pontiac Bonneville

15,335

Before opening this question I copied my answer from two years ago. It has not changed except my grand son is now 18. : I found it, facing the car, on the left side engine compartment, next to the firewall, near the oil pan. It is hard to see, hard to reach, and I used a short funnel and 1/2 pvc pipe to reach it. I also used my 15 year old grandson to do this. Best way. (long thin arms) and a joyful smile that he got to help grandpa. You need a flashlight to see it from above. This is a picture of it. It is near the bottom of the engine behind the belts. The belt turns the pump if that helps with the location. Here is a bad picture of it.