My car died while driving tried to restart nothing fuel pump not working replaced pump no start now no check engine light when I turn the key on and no spark

Asked by Nov 17, 2014 at 01:00 PM about the 1994 Pontiac Sunbird 2 Dr SE Coupe

10

I worked for Pontiac , most likely its the fuel pump in the tank, check voltage at the fuel tank while some one turns the ignition key on and off, you should have voltage for a few seconds or constant voltage while cranking. If your voltage is good replace the pump. I should have mentioned this first, check the fuel pump fuse before any thing else.

20,170

Ditto what Tony5151 said.

I changed the pump but now I don't get spark and my check engine light is not on like it used to be while the ignition is in the on position

I was thinking that I did not have to change the pump but it was not working and the pump is working since I changed it. I'm thinking the ecu or ignition or maybe crank sensor

20,170

Does the car try turning over?

Best Answer Mark helpful

Yes the starter turns the motor but no it does not try to start I'm getting no spark

20,170

4cyl or 3.1 V-6?

3.1 5 speed

20,170

Coil packs? Timing chain? How many miles are on it?

20,170

It could be the ECM, crank sensor or ignition too. You have to test or look at these things because we can't see them. Have you checked the fuse box for corrosion or blown fuses? Let us know what you find.